Performance Forte Pro Saddle Saddles

[Mar 11, 2010]
m_s

OVERALL
Strength:

Light, decent shape, cutout works. Good for racing, especially crits and cyclocross.

Not very strong, probably not good for long rides for most people.

Saddles are obviously subjective. But this one is pretty good for what you pay (almost nothing). It's as light as saddles 4+ times the price. I have no real problems with it, but it's not quite comfy enough for 50+ mile rides (for me). I had it on my geared cross bike, and it was a perfect race saddle. Light, reasonably comfy, and narrow enough to stay out of the way when I needed it to. Unfortunately I bent the rails in one race, but I'm a sloppy remounter and I also had it pretty far back on the rails for fit (long legs).

The good news: I returned it at Performance and got another one, which is still going strong. Yeah, maybe that's an abuse of their return policy, but as a former P. employee, that's the risk they take with a generous return policy. The saddles probably cost them 10 dollars anyways.

Currently I have it on my fixie which doesn't see rides of longer than maybe 40 miles, and it's good there.

If you like SLRs, you'll probably like this one ok

SLR, lots of WTB stuff on my mountain bikes, some San Marco POS.

[Apr 30, 2008]

OVERALL
Strength:

Light weight, cheap price, comfortable on short rides.

Saddle sores on long rides.

The stock Bontrager on my Trek was very comfortable, but did not have a cut out to avoid numbness, so I decided to try the Forte Pro SLX. The saddle seems like a bargain for what you get, and I found it very comfortable, especially considering how light it is. However, on rides over 50 miles I found that I am getting saddle sores. I use good shorts, lube, etc, and nothing helps. I'm going to switch to a Specialized seat and hope for better results.

[Jul 28, 2006]

OVERALL
Strength:

Light; cheap; great race saddle

A little too firm for longer (3+ hours) rides

Bought two! Used one until it was fraying at the edges. Great, light saddle. Not as much fun for long rides and a little hard on the female phsyique.

[Mar 12, 2006]

OVERALL
Strength:

seems well built and very light

if your backside is a little wider....get a saddle that is a little wider!

Purchased this saddle as it had good reviews here and at other boards. However it just did not fit me. The saddle is narrow and my backside is not narrow enough for this saddle.

Specialized Avatar
Koobi Enduro

[Feb 26, 2006]
road addict

OVERALL
Strength:

fits my body shape and price

none so far

I needed a new seat, so i thought i would give it a try.I instantly loved it and have since put 1 on my other 2 bikes. I've used it on 4+5 hour rides with no problems.

flite+flite gel

[May 27, 2004]

OVERALL
Strength:

Price, weight, pretty high on comfort

I am reviewing the performance forte pro sl saddle. Have put a some miles on the saddle and have been very happy w/ it. There is plenty of support and padding in the right places for me. I haven't done more than 1.5 hours on it yet but as long as I keep moving a little I am completely comforable with no soreness. I was suprised at the quality of the saddle and for the price I am very pleased.

[May 01, 2004]

OVERALL
Strength:

Light, confortable, inexpensive

Don't have any yet

So far so good, it's light and very confortable. I haven't tried it in long rides, but so far it's a much more confortablt than the stock one.

stock seat