Saddleco Flow Ti Saddles

Cover material: Proprietary elastomeric monofilament textile Fabric color: Black Frame material: Proprietary thermoplastic; nylon. Frame Color: Grey Rail Material: Hollow Titanium Rail adjustability: 85mm Saddle Weight: 255g Overall length: 11" / 27.94 cm Maximum Width: 6"/15.24 cm Recommended maximum rider weight: 200lb

[Jul 06, 2009]

OVERALL
Strength:

comfort plus, and great ventilation

overtime the frame develops cracks (I weigh 165 so not excessive weight)

I love this saddle! Over the years have tried many, this is by far the most comfortable. Unfortunately they are no more. Overtime mine has developed cracks which I've patched with irrigation tubing - this actually works (so far)
If anyone knows a source for these saddles I'm in!

[Feb 04, 2008]
cigarjack

OVERALL

3 years and approx 6k miles and no problems. It's just now starting to show signs of wear and it will soon be replaced with another. I'm #180 and have never had problems. Like any saddle it must be adjusted properly to get maximum comfort. By far the most comfortable saddle my sorry butt has pinched.

[Sep 17, 2007]
Michael Bryan

OVERALL
Strength:

comfort, comfort, comfort, comfort, comfort and cool looking.

A little pricey, but what isn't?

I bought this after trying about 25 different saddles at my LBS. All the others were either OK or really bad. This was the first where I thought "OH MAN, THIS IS GREAT!" Now I should point out that I don't ride that much but I'm a big guy at 255#. I've read the other reviews about the breakage but I'm much bigger that the other guys and no problem so far. If it does break, I'm buying another one...

San Marco, Fizik, Brooks professional (another favorite)

[Sep 10, 2006]

OVERALL
Strength:

comfort, ventilation, looks

It *might* not be reliable (see other reviews)

I've tested about 15 saddles over my 30 years of serious riding. None has been as instantly comfortable as this one. I only bought it because I saw it sitting forlornly in a bike shop all by itself, with no price tags. When I asked about it, the clerk said "If you want it, I'll take $20." Now, I'll pay $20 for just an experiment, so it went in the shopping cart. I've now ridden it about 1000miles, and have been completely happy. I weighed 185 at the beginning of the period, now down to 175. So far, no problems, but I'm aware of the breakages recorded in the other reviews, so I'll be careful to watch for problems. Maybe that's why the shop essentially gave it to me. I hope that SaddleCo keeps working on it, because they have a revolutionary idea with the mesh - the experience is very much like sitting on a mesh patio chair - as you move around, the mesh moves with you, so there are no pressure points, and it is wonderfully ventilated. A very bright idea in design. I'm going to have to rate it a 5 - if it breaks, I'll come back and do another review.

Fizik, Selle San Marco, Selle Italia, Rolls, just about everything . . .

[Aug 24, 2006]
FrankDL

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfort. Ventilation. Shock absorbing.

Keep breaking at the flexing bottom perimiter.

I've had three of these in 3 years. They are the most comfortable saddle I've ever used. Lots of ventilation and shock absorbing. Unfortunately, they keep breaking just after the warrantee is up. I weigh 175# which isn't too over the top, but as comfortable as it is I just gotta conclude that it's just not reliable to recommend. Hope they can reslove the breaking issue, but untill then I'll try others.

Fizik, Selle Italia, Selle San Marco, Terry Fly, Performance Flite.

[Mar 27, 2006]

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfort

I have been riding for over 22 years and the saddleco is the most comfortable saddle I ever had. I first bought on for my road bike and then got one for my Mt bike and tandem. I have over 25,000 miles on my Saddleco installed on my road bike. I have had a Saddleco on my Mt bike for nearly 2 years with less miles but more abuse. I have had no problems at all! I am 160lbs. I have bought this sadlle as gifts for other riders and they have not have a problem either. Maybe the people complaining about the seat braking are over weight and or don't know how to ride. Most of your weight need to be on the pedals pushing them in a circle! Great product!

[Dec 02, 2004]

OVERALL
Strength:

Cool looking and nice idea in theory.

Doesn't work yet.

This is an update to an earlier review. I started to feel as if I'd been a little harsh in my first review and ended up trying to use the replacement saddle instead of ebaying it like I said I would. Now I guess I'll be ebaying the replacement of the replacement. Yep, the second saddle broke but this time in a different place. The webbing pulled out of the frame in the first and this time the frame itself snapped. It was at the thinnest part and I was able to ride it home with no problem because the mesh kept the frame from failing completely. Actually, it was a little more comfortable with the extra give... (I still only weigh around 160, btw) Saddleco is sending a replacement which is great but really, twice in one year? I've never had any saddle break before but I guess that's the price of using new technology. Sorry for the bad review, Saddleco, because you've been very accomodating and nice to talk to (otherwise I'd rate this a 1), but I really think riders need to know this stuff. Time to re-think the design, folks.

lots

[Sep 02, 2004]

OVERALL
Strength:

Lack of stress upon pressure points. Awesome product support. You don't lose sensation in the perineum (groin area) after long rides.

None really other than the slightly greater weight relative to say a San Marco race saddle.

I have used the Saddleco for approx a year now and recently had a side of plastic molding break. The company promply sent me a brand new seat and sent prepaid postage for the old seat to see if it was a defect.

Fizik Arione and Fizik Alliante, Selle San Marco SLR

[Aug 02, 2004]

OVERALL
Strength:

lightness. comfort. breathability. it looks cool.

it cost $150, which is a bit spendy, but there are plenty of more expensive pieces of junk out there.

It seems that like all saddles, this one too may be perfect for one and terrible for another. At 6'3" and 175 lbs. this saddle has been perfect for me. Like the last reviewer, I definitely noticed the hard plastic rails at first, but after a few rides, this saddle is so good for me that I forget that I'm on one. I've used it in all racing and training conditions, including logging tons of trainer time on it, and I am totally satisfied. At first, I had a bit of trouble with the narrow rails, but the company emailed me a PDF that showed me how to accomodate my seatpost. In all, this is a great saddle that I look forward to sitting on on a daily basis.

Flite Ti (a few), Koobi, Aspide, WTB (see my review)

[Jun 29, 2004]

OVERALL
Strength:

Innovative design and not too heavy. Waterproof.

Rock hard plastic nose and frame. Quality unreliable. Only one size or design.

I'm 5'10" and about 160 lbs and ride and race about 8k miles to 10k miles a year. I really wanted this saddle to work because it seemed similar to the Herman Miller chair I have that has made being chained to a desk at least bearable. I used my first one about 6 weeks before the webbing started to separate from the nose. This has evidently been a problem for them as well as the rails being slightly too close together to fit in seat tube brackets without some jamming. Saddleco replaced it immediately and my second has held up for 4 months with no problems. From the start though I just couldn't get comfortable in the tucked position and tried every kind of adjustment possible. I use some well padded shorts and I still got some really nasty pain in those places where you REALLY don't want to feel it. Sitting up was just fine for 10 minutes at a time but that was the limit for me because I'd start to feel numbness at my sit bones. Even then there only seemed to be one position that worked and the sweet spot was very narrowly defined. It just didn't fit me and the hard frame edge chafed my crotch even though I used chamois cream. Don't buy one based on reviews alone like I did. If I'd been able to go to my LBS and try one for 10 minutes and compare it to other saddles (I'm now happy with a Fizik Aliante) I would have saved some time and had longer more comfortable rides this spring. Still want one? Check ebay for a good deal on mine.

Fizik Aliante Selle Italia Flite Selle San Marco Era etc.