San Marco Concor Light Titanium Saddles

Classic Concor shape with lightweight performance at 220g. This saddle has been ridden to the last 4 Tour De France victories!

[Aug 24, 2007]

OVERALL
Strength:

I prefer a saddle with curves and side skirts, and this one has both. The skirts prevent thigh chafing and the "spoiler" in the back means I don't have to pull on the handlebars so hard when climbing sitting down. Also, the reinforcement in the rear between the rails should prevent the saddle from collapsing inward like my Turbo did after 20 years.

Bigger riders might find the Concor a centimeter or two too short.

Updated classic works for Lance and me.

Selle Italia Turbo, Cinelli Unicanitor

[Mar 26, 2005]
spin90

OVERALL
Strength:

Light; just the right amount of cushion (especially after some base miles on the butt); classic, no frills look.

Have been a fan of the San Marcos for years, and this is my third one; they just fit me (and Lance, another uni-baller).

Selle Italia, Bontrager, Avocet & Brooks

[May 30, 2004]
Road Slug

OVERALL
Strength:

Weight and comfort. Also classic look.

None so far.

I had the stock San Marco saddle on my 5200 and I give it one full season. It still was the worst as far as comfort goes. I tryed this one because it was made similar to my old cheapo on my first bike. So far it has been great, you can move easily from front to back and it does give some support when climbing. Also, it is very light and looks classic.

San Marco Era Luxe, Terry Liberator and my cheapo Ti Comp.

[May 28, 2004]

OVERALL
Strength:

Stiff, light, ergonomic shape fits my bottom like it is tailored. Adequate support on sit bones. It makes my bike look hard-core all out racer.

Would be even better if there's a central relieving channel. If you are looking for additonal bling, don't get this.

This is a no-frill race saddle. Light, hard, uncompromising. Just right amount of padding. I need to ride on this thing for a little longer, but currently I find it quite comfortable.

SI Prolink classic (Great all around saddle), Prolink Gelflow, Specialized BG