San Marco Era Pro Ti Saddles

Titanium rails with a Lorica top.

[Feb 14, 2009]

OVERALL
Strength:

-comfort
-looks

-perhaps a bit too minimalist for larger riders. My buddy who has a sprinter's body type, found this saddle to be painful.

This saddle came with the Orca I bought about 11 months ago. Depending on the time of year, I ride 150-225 miles per week, and I haven't had a single problem with the saddle yet. I have a feeling this saddle is best suited to those with a climbers physique. I am 6'1" and weigh 155 lbs (I have little butt), and I noticed that the other reviewers who recommend this saddle are my size or smaller. The best compliment I can give this saddle is that I haven't noticed it was there from day one. I haven't had a single saddle sore or even a sore rear.

[Dec 02, 2007]
Tim

OVERALL
Strength:

Fit and price of 2nd hand ones is always good.

A tad hard, but fits really nicely, so you don't actually feel the padding much anyway.

Picked up a Colnago version of this off ebay for a song. Good length and just wide enough to fit the sit bones nicely. The padding down the centre is nice too.

I have a small butt so the wide saddles aren't any good. If you're like me I can recommend this saddle.

SAN MARCO Rolls - a bit wide for me.

[Oct 09, 2004]

OVERALL
Strength:

Looks, durability

Painful

If you don't ride every day and you have to take a week off from riding every now and then, buyer beware. This seat is painful. It takes over a month of constant riding to not feel the pain. Even when it finely felt good on rides over 45 miles, it hurt. I am a big guy 6'2" and 240 pound. But, this saddle has hurt me more then any other. I have put over a thousand miles on it and it looks brand new. I wish it would work but it does not.

Many other

[Apr 16, 2004]
onrhodes

OVERALL
Strength:

dampens shocks, reasonable weight, can get them cheap off ebay, long wearing.

hard to find some times

Saddles are a very personal choice, but I do have to say that I love this one. At 135lbs and 5'4" this thing rocks. Not too wide, not too narrow. Longer then a flite. I used to wear out 1 flite a year. I still have my original ERA over 3 years old, 15,000+ miles and it finally started to wear away on the sides last year. The rubber insert in the frame of the saddle is nice

Flite

[Feb 09, 2004]
midbunchlurker

OVERALL
Strength:

Well made. Light but not superlight

Stitching seems to make my shorts wear.

I'm 140lbs 5'10 and this saddle works well for me. Its has quite stiff padding that isn't so comfortable if you're not riding regularly, but once you get the mileage up to over 10 hours a week then it feels like you could ride all day on this.

San Marco Rolls, Selle Italia Turbo, Selle Italia SLR Gelflow

[Jan 28, 2004]
Patrick Kean

OVERALL
Strength:

Light weight, good construction and aesthetically appealing.

Comfort. To small a seating platform.

Not recommended. Looks cool and is light weight, but has very little comfort to offer. Good for about 40km and then the pain sets in and you really pay. I've owned many saddles and this is the poorest to date. Saddle sores are free with every purchase. And don't think a better short will be the fix. You'll pay!

Selle Italia Pro Link Sella Italia flite Ti Avocet 02 Ti