Specialized Toupe Pro Saddles

Specialized's Toupe Pro Saddle is perfect for those who are looking to shed some grams without sacrificing support and comfort. It features a...

[Mar 23, 2015]
Sknyski

OVERALL
Strength:

Lightweight and comfortable

Breaks easily. I only weigh 145 lbs and broke two Toupe Pro saddles in a span of three years. I live in an area of extremely bumpy roads, and the shock of the bumps seem to put a lot of stress on the shell of the saddle. One of my saddles broke in less than a year. The local shop guy says you should change saddles about once every six months anyway. HUH???!!! That's news to me! Basically this saddle is poorly constructed, so don't waste your money on this saddle unless you believe in disposable saddles. BTW, between the regular Toupe and Toupe Pro saddles, I've broken four over the past five years. I put on about 10,000-11,000 miles a year, and as I said before, I ride some pretty crappy roads in Sonoma County, CA. This is not a saddle for rough roads as it will most likely break from pressure against the butt.

Will not buy this saddle in the future until Specialized beefs up the shell of the saddle. Otherwise, if you ride mostly smooth roads, this saddle might not break as easily.