ITM Millenium Road Seatposts

Size: 27.2. Length 240mm.

[Aug 31, 2004]
CipoWins42

OVERALL
Strength:

None.

Weak, very weak.

Seatpost failed after 6 months.

Only carbon seatpost I've tried.

[Nov 25, 2003]
midbunchlurker

OVERALL
Strength:

Keeps my butt off the tar.

Annoying creaks!

Nice post for the money - pretty light and looks good. But no matter what I do I can't get rid of annoying creaking (with my San Marco ERA saddle).

USE Alien, various Kalloy.

[Sep 09, 2002]
NJ Steve

OVERALL
Strength:

Looks

front adjustmnent on seat clamp is difficult to adjust

The road feel is fine, but the adjustment on the front of the clampm is a pain in the butt (pun intended).

Campy Record Ti., American Classic

[Feb 16, 2002]
boneman

OVERALL
Strength:

Well made, nice finish, and easy seat angle adjustment.

Rail clamping area is a bit narrow resulting in difficulty in making subtle fore/aft adjustments.

Well made post with decent finish. Seat angle adjustments are easily made. Very functional product although the fore-aft adjustment is not so easy as the upper clamp does not easily release the rails after the initial clamping.

Campy NR/SR/C record, American Classic

[Nov 22, 2000]

OVERALL
Strength:

Great offset seat clamp, dual micro-adjustment screws, matte black finish

Great seatpost. I was very particular in choosing a seatpost, it need to have an offset clamp, dual adjustment screws, matte black finish, and a reasonable weight. I sampled numerous seatpost to get that perfect bike fit and good looks to match my matte black frame. Easton's CT2 post was great but I exceeded the minimum insert line. Thompson's post was also a great post but I needed more clamp offset to position my saddle correctly. After looking hard and long this ITM post caught my eye while I was online. It had everything I was looking for in a seatpost. I was ready to purchase it on-line, when I happen to come across this coveted post at a local LBS and it was cheaper then it buying on-line!

Bottom line if this seatpost fits you and your bike buy it. Believe me there aren't any seatposts out there that have these specifications.

Easton CT2, Thompson Road, Kalloy, Syncros

[May 13, 2001]

OVERALL
Strength:

Doesn't creak, doesn't slip, precise adjustment of saddle

Tricky adjustment, black finish wears off if the saddle is pushed back

The seat post is a no-nonsense piece of nice looking Italian equipment. The quality is good, reasonably priced and it's possible to adjust the saddle rather precisely (albeit it's a bit difficult). It's (in my opinion) one of the best alu post around.

Kalloy, Look ergopost, Shimano Ultegra post, Thompson seat post, Onyx seat post

[Aug 04, 2001]

OVERALL
Strength:

doesn't seem to make noise once set

finish turned from matte black to dull black metal at the wipe of a slightly greasy rag, hard to access tilt adjustment

I got this post because it was one of the few newer, lightweight posts with any setback that I could find (and it was in black, which just matches my bike). I messed with this thing for probably an hour to get it set right with my Brooks Swift but it turns out that it's just not possible to angle it down far enough given that the rails are pretty much parallel to the top of the saddle.

So I put on a SLR (bitter review of this saddle later) and I got it setup right, but it was a pain in the ass to adjust. It's difficult to reach the front bolt to change the seat angle, at least when the saddle's on. It seemed pretty solid once I had it set, but given I was working on a new saddle, it took a while to get there and this post was not nearly as easy to adjust as a single-bolt design.

For ease of adjustability and ability to get back on a Brooks, I'm looking elsewhere, maybe a Salsa Shaft or forget the lightweight (luckily I only weigh about 140lbs and don't ride like a hack, so I'm not too worried about it being crazy strong) and get a nice Nitto or something.

only single-bolt designs

[Mar 09, 2001]

OVERALL
Strength:

Nice looking post, well built, sturdy, and competitive in weight and price.

Seat angle slips slightly as you tighten down seat.

I waivered between going with a carbon post such as the Campy Record, and the Dura-Ace post to match my group, and the ITM Millenium post to match my stem and bars.

There just aren't too many things a good post has to do. Not break, not creak, not slip, look good, and allow you the freedom to get into the right position over the pedals. Some of the reliability issues I heard about the ultralight carbon posts scared me away. The DA post would have worked fine I am sure, but I kinda of fancied the black posts athestically, and the Millenium post would match my stem and handlebar. The ITM post is 5g heavier than the DA post. I have seen the DA post up close and the ITM shaft is little thicker inside. It cost about the same as other aluminum posts of top quality. Still $80 for a metal pipe that serves one purpose, to hold your saddle, seems a little high.

It does the above seat post requirements just fine. The two bolt system is kind of novel. You adjust the seat tilt with one small bolt in the front and tighten the seat down with the larger bolt underneath. I noticed the seat does want to tilt down a wee bit once you start tightening the main bolt, so you need to start a little high and compensate for it. It works fine, really, and gives you some added adjustability. So far I'm quite happy with it. It's a good alternative to the obvious canidates like Shimano and Campy from a company who specializes in stems, bars, and posts.

NEIL