Syncros Aluminum 7075-T6 Seatposts

• USER REVIEWS

[Mar 24, 2003]
    shopclass69

OVERALL
    Strength:

Adjustablity, weight - or lack there of. Color, carbon weave is sexy. Smoothness.

Syncros is no longer.

I love Syncros stuff. This review is however for the carbon post not the alu one. I had the alu post before this and this is soooo much nicer. everything that i liked about the other post, but made of carbon. it is basically a part that unless giving you problems is a set it and forget it part. I havent forgotten this one, it still feels like i have a flat tire at times. Helpfull on PA pothole riddled roads. I just wish Syncros was still around..

Syncros Alu, Thompson, American Classic Ti, USE Carbon-finicky and lame warning of one year useage.

[Jan 26, 2003]
    Scott

OVERALL
    Strength:

Light weight, looks

Poor customer service, poor warranty, questionable durability under less than harsh conditions

Have had several syncros seat posts on road, mountain, and commuter bikes. Have gotten several good years of use but on my commuter bike- which has primarily been used on my trainer in the winter developed a crack. Syncros' warranty does not extend beyond 1 year. This is a big concern for me- I believe that manufacturers should back what they sell and not adopt their philosophy of 'when in doubt throw it out.' Company not responsive to customer mail. Would not buy anything else from this manufacturer.

Ritchey post, Clark Kent Ti seat post

[Apr 20, 2002]
    bignslow

OVERALL
    Strength:

No new saddles

None, I have seen them for $70-80.

Wonderful seatpost. I am big and a saddle rail bender. I went through 3 saddles before this post and after 1000''s of miles my rails are still straight

Richey-stock stuff

[Jun 23, 2001]

OVERALL
    Strength:

Ease of adjustment, strength and not set back; good for time trialling. The black anodised finish is reasonably strong, and they come in 350mm length.

top post. I would buy one again. It actualy welded itself inside my aluminium frame and despite applying incrtedible forces to it to undo it, it's stuck. The only way to get it out is by surgical removal. It's going to stay. I don't mind.

non branded single bolt designs

[Jun 28, 2000]

OVERALL
    Strength:

Strength. Adjustability. Build quality.

There are lighter posts out there.

I've been using Syncros posts for years and love them. They are infinately adjustable with the two-bolt design, unlike the one-bolt notched design, so you can always find just the right saddle position.

I've never had one break, bend or slip. There are very fine grooves in the post which prevent any slipping.

A very high quality post that does what it should do.

Campy Athena. Kore on my mtb.

[Apr 20, 2001]

OVERALL
    Strength:

Well made. Easy to adjust. Doesn't slip. Looks great. Anodizing is quite tough (after many tight insertions will testify). What more can you ask?

A bit pricey...but then again I find most "high end" seatposts overpriced.

Buy it based on your aesthetic and price standards...you won't be disappointed.

IRD, Control Tech Team Post, XTR