Syncros Titanium 3AL 2.5V Seatposts

• Noticeably Plusher and Cushier Ride

• USER REVIEWS

[Apr 03, 2000]

OVERALL
    Strength:

Minimal Design. Sleek lines. Light Weight.
    Micro Adjustability.
    Cheap replacement parts.
    Good for going off to the GRAM WARS!!

Cost. The Al version is more cost effective.
    I wish the 4mm retention bolts were 5mm.

If you are a freak about your saddle angle, you need a two
    bolt seatpost. There are some really BAD ones out there and there are some nice ones out there as well. For pure funkadelic value, the 1977 Campy Super Record post with the NR retention system is miles ahead of all the posts listed at this site. Sadly, they are hard to come by and they are a tad on the heavy side. That's where the Syncros comes in.
    Clean lines, solid construction, simple design. High funk factor due to light weight. My only beef would be with the 4mm retention bolts. Sure wish they were 5mm, but then all the gorillas,(like Me!!),out there would be stripping out their posts, so the 4mm bolts are probably a good idea.
    I'd like to see the Thomson version..... I'd like to own the new Campy Carbon post but I don't trust the single retention bolt theory, which is sad because their old SR posts and their new posts are mighty nice looking.....TWO BOLTS ALL THE WAY!!!
    When it comes time to put the money down, the Syncros Al post is probably a MUCH better buy, but a bike geek and his/her money are soon parted.....

77 Campy SR, Thomson Al

[Apr 27, 2000]

OVERALL
    Strength:

terrific saddle adjustment - stays put. Great light and strong design

I have found none

I bought this a almost three years ago when I was on a wacky gram-counting kick. After the fustration with many cheap single bolt designs, I appreciate the rock solid two bolt clamping and micro-adjustment of the Syncros post. Last fall my roof rack, bikes and all, flew off my car at 75 mph - did 3 flips in mid air, and landed smack on the saddle. The ONLY part casualty was the saddle (flite) with a bit of road rash. The Syncros post was forced all the way into the frame. Besides some minor scuffing, the post is still straight as an arrow and going strong. The flite saddle is actually still being used on a training bike. By the way, the rack was torqued to exact manufacturers specifications.
    This post is really expensive. Although light and strong, I would never buy it again when I could get something thats just as strong and only weighs 20 grams more. My opinion, get one if you can or you have money to burn, otherwise consider the options. I give 1 star for value, 5 overall stars simply because its the best post I've ever seen.

control tech, bontrager, kalloy

[Oct 18, 2000]

OVERALL
    Strength:

Light, Strong and takes the edge off of rigid frames

Xspensive

The seatpost was in my GT ZR2000 aluminum road frame and took the edge off of the pounding that frame gave. The steel frames offer more compliance so the seatpost works less... If you have an aluminum frame and want to take the edge off the bumps... Get this OR the USE... both work exceptionally well...

USE Titanium