ITM 95 Magnesium Stem Stems

[Sep 20, 2003]
James Pappaconstantine

OVERALL
Strength:

It's light

It isn't strong enough.

This is the second ITM Magnesium stem that has broken in the exact same spot. (the lower clamp.) These were both installed with a torque wrench to the exact specs dictated by ITM. The second was torqued under my supervision, yet I still ended up with a $250.00 paperweight. ITM should redesign this stem before they end up with a law suit.

[Jun 18, 2003]
npuente

OVERALL
Strength:

Very light

Always use a torque to adjust

Yhe lightest stem ever used, never had a problem

ITM the big one

[May 18, 2003]
sbess

OVERALL
Strength:

Weight, stiffness

Duh

Ever have a stem clamp break in two on a 35mph decent? Hit a small bump and CRACK!, the bars dropped and miraculously I was able to stay aboard and gingerly brake to a stop. Fourtunatly it was a strait stretch. When I put this bike together, weight was a high priority, but todays events have revolutionized my thinking on that front. Though I was under the impression when purchasing this stem that it is quite stiff and rugged as mell as light. Judging from the sound it made as it cracked, I would imagine that brittle would be an apropriate descriptive as well. I'm 195lbs and ride pretty hard for a 50 yr. old, but not at competetive or even aggressive club level. I would be surprised if this bike/stem have 10,000 mis. to date. I understand that it is critical to not over torque bolts, and as far as I know, mine was properly installed, having been built up by the owner of a high end shop. Perhaps I'll chose this model again if I ever come back as a 130lb. Columbian climber.

[Oct 09, 2002]
jpf34

OVERALL
Strength:

It's light

It's fragile and not warrented. The "biege" color is a bit unsightful.

Bought The Stem in June 02. Was installed by professional bike mechanic at local bike store. Is broken at stem flang after about 1800 miles. I weigh 175 lbs. Moral of story, it may be too light if you need durability.

Going to either DEDA or EASTON.

[Aug 28, 2002]
Levon Devian

OVERALL
Strength:

Wieght 90g

UGLY as all hell...

GREAT STEM. 90g is awesome. I am 220 pounds and i think its stiff stiff stiff.... no problems with flex at all... Had to bead blast it so i could paint it.

[May 29, 2002]
Kiwi_zg

OVERALL
Strength:

Weight, at 95g it's super light and strong

price, don't overtighten the Ti bolts.

This is the lightest stem I've used.I think this is the lightest stem out there at the moment. Had no problems with stiffness, I am 145 lbs.

3TTT Zepp, Icon Stering, Cinelli quill.