Profile Design H2O Stems Stems

Ovalized, cold forged 6061 T6 construction provides enhanced rigidity. Two 7 mm bolts clamp front plate giving quick access to bars. Extra-long quil allows greater height adjustment. Quil or threadless. In Black or Silver. 166 grams (Threadless); 271 grams (Quil).

[Apr 18, 2020]
jakeaaeeyy

OVERALL
Strength:

1” quill stem version has a removable face plate for easy handlebar swaps, which is the main reason I picked one up. Comes in 0 and 15 degree versions for less aggressive handlebar positioning.

Confirming other reviews - the quill stem version is extremely flexible. Most 1” quills you can feel a little flex here and there or see the stem shift side to side within the headset locknut, but this stem is something else. The handlebars visibly move. If you don’t put a lot of weight on your handlebars this stem works fine, else I’d avoid it.

Price Paid:
Purchased:
Used
Model Year:
2016
[Feb 09, 2003]
mcwest79

OVERALL
Strength:

Looks good, good price, seems like a solid stem. (can't comment on flexibility since most of my flex is in the bars)

Should have maybe bought a sorter stem ....... uh, clashes with styling of an older bike? :-)

I bought this stem to go with my new Stoker bar because I wanted a two-bolt stem in case I ever want to set up a set of drop bars for track or long-distance use, as well as wanting something longer and taller than my stock stem. Turns out my old stem wouldn't fit the new bar anyway. www.ultimateridingsports.com had the best price I could find, so I bought it.

stock alloy road stem

[Sep 23, 2002]
The_Tennesseean

OVERALL
Strength:

Does the job and keeps my bars tight.

I have been using this stem on my touring rig and have no complaints. I don't race, but I do ride occasionally on very bad roads while touring. I have almost 3,000 miles on this stem.

[Apr 01, 2002]
paulddb

OVERALL
Strength:

strong, not expensive

Not especially sleek looking.

I have an H2O quill on a Bianchi, and a threadless version on a Kestel with Chorus. I''''''''m not a leightweight, but there is no flex or slip - the H2) is made rather beefy.

[Nov 06, 2001]
Eric Tirnauer

OVERALL
Strength:

cheap, light

too flexy. I think I could snap it pretty easily if I pushed it.

I have an H2O quill on my old road bike and the new frame I just got has the threadless version. I can''t comment on the threadless, but the quill is WAY to flexy. I am a pretty strong rider and I get scared when I pull on the bar it flexes so much. I would not reccomend this stem because of this.

[Aug 17, 2001]

OVERALL
Strength:

Cheap, good looks, hasn't broken yet.

heavy, flexy

Bargain stem, but too flexy for my taste

[Jan 26, 2001]

OVERALL
Strength:

This stem may not look the business like some overpriced italian models, but it performs like a champ. I am an aggressive rider/racer with a 13.0 threadless stem. The bars never slipped and more importantly, the stem secures itself without having to torque the bolts to a 100lbs/ft. like some trick stems. Very rigid and confidence inspiring. I highly recommend this stem.

The shape may be not to your liking.

Buy this stem if you want value, tight bars that wont slip, and something that will outlast your bike.

control tech, deda zero.