SRAM PG-1070 10 Speed Cassettes

Available At
Best Price At
Available At

SRAM PG 1070 Cassette Improve your shifting with a SRAM cassette.  The SRAM PG 1070 cassette uses varying tooth profiling to provide consistently smooth shifting as well as an alloy carrier to keep the weight down. Varying...

[Jun 29, 2010]
RickNVA

OVERALL
Strength:

Widest gear range I can find for a standard Dura Ace 7800 set-up...

Shifting was reasonably crisp

Had enough gearing for this hell ride - although I'd have paid another $80 for another gear tooth on one 29% wall!

requires vigilance that you do not cross-chain (and, we know we shouldn't anyway),and seems to necessitate more derailleur trimming than normal. Neither of which are show-stoppers.

After signing up for the Savageman Diabolical Double Gran Fondo (Garrett County, MD) I came to the stark realization that my Dura Ace 39 x 12-27 just wasn't going to cut it for me...The Diabolical Double is a suffer fest of 126 miles of up-and-down to the tune of 15,500 feet of climbing... I had three choices: go for a triple, a compact, or more cog gears. A triple would have been a waste of money (for me), I don't care for the shifting qualities of a compact and didn't want to remove-and-replace the crankset depending upon the severity of the hills, so I decided to pay $80 for one higher, and one lower gear... Trust me, it was worth every penny! In the future I'll likely upgrade my 7800 Dura Ace rear derailleur to a 7900 with the 12-29 cogset for extreme rides, but until then, I'm more than happy with the SRAM PG-1070.