Wipperman Connex 10SO Chains

• Specially dimensioned rollers

[Jul 30, 2009]
pootin

OVERALL
Strength:

cheap

doesn't shift right

didn't shift right going down or up, made funny noises. switched back to SRAM and all things are working well now. for a while I thought I might have to buy a new cassette, but it was just the dang wipperman. never again

SRAM 10s series, Forte

[Aug 23, 2008]
Glenn

OVERALL
Strength:

None for me.

Poor shifting.
Slightly heavier than Dura Ace

Alwaysed used Dura Ace 10sp chains w/o any difficulty. Liked to use the Wippermann link with them. Thought I'd try the 10SO seeing as how I liked their link. Am using compact crank with 12-27 cassette. Chain is not a good choice for this application. Doesn't shift on rear cluster very well at all, hangs on both up and down shifts. Dura Ace chains were always rapid/smooth shifts. I've only got three rides on it, but that will be all as it is coming off tomorrow and I'm going back to the Dura Ace.

Dura Ace

[May 08, 2008]

OVERALL
Strength:

Never had to question the strength of a chain before.

Im hurt and this sucks.

This thing caused a major accident. Out of the saddle, cranking on top of a roller - broke! Luckily missed a concrete bulwark. Elbow, tailbone, shin - screwed. Listen I bought a 2007 Madone 5.5 Dura Ace - the works. Never broke a chain in my life and I have done alot of crazy stuff. This thing snapped on me and I have a tough time trusting the chain now. What a thing to not trust. Also shifted poorly.

[Jan 12, 2008]

OVERALL
Strength:

awfulness

everything

This chain is the WORST. I couldn't get it to work correctly from day 1. It shifts terribly, it is very noisy, and it broke on flat ground after riding it for less than a thousand miles.

sram pc 1090, shimano cn-6600

[Oct 23, 2007]
tuscanybill

OVERALL
Strength:

Removable for cleaning, great service life.

My second Wippermann (first was 10S1) bike is all D/A 10, I have 2100 miles on the 10S0 and can barly see 1/64 inch streach in 12 inches. Roller ware is also very good. I am a very dilligent cleaner/luber my past lube was W/L and have recently went to Pedros Chainj (past 1000 miles) I relube every 200 miles. The 10S1 was great also just wished something a bit less expensive. I change chains before they are worn much to save rings/cass. Shifting has been great, I think front shifting to better than the 7801 Shimano. This year I will try the 10S8 nickel model.

Wippermann 10S1, Shimano 7801

[Jul 07, 2007]

OVERALL
Strength:

Easy to install. Shifts good.

Expensive. Wears out quickly.

This is for the nickel Shimano chain. Easy to install. Only lasted about 750 miles before wearing out. Replaced with SRAM.

Ultegra (good for about 3k miles).