Performance Forté Circuit Compact Carbon Crank Cranksets

The ultimate climbers crank: lightweight, stiff and with the right gear ratio. One-piece carbon fiber crankarms with ramped and pinned CNC-machined 7075 alloy chainrings provide quick, precise shifts so you can get a jump on the competition. Compact 50/34 rings, ISIS bottom bracket interface. Wt.: 585g.

[Sep 22, 2007]
onlineflyer

OVERALL
Strength:

Light, stiff, great value for the price. The original price was $179 but purchased then for 20% off (plus 10% team points). After all the discounts, they cost a shade under $130

Requires ISIS bottom bracket, other than that, absolutely no flaws.

Great cranks for the $$$. I've ridden these for 2 years now and they have performed flawlessly. Shifts are smooth and crisp. I have over 2,500 miles on these puppies and have experienced no problems what so ever. I love the fact that compact cranks give me the same range of gears as a triple, letting me avoid the triple setup.

Shimano 105 (9 speed), Ultegra (10 speed), Chorus (10 speed)

[Dec 08, 2006]

OVERALL
Strength:

not much, considering they broke

they break. I don't trust forte carbon products at all anymore.

This crankset was on the bike that get that by far gets the least use, out of 3 bikes. the crankset had 200-300 miles on it.

A crack developed near the pedal end of the non drive crank arm. The crack went all the way around the arm. Stupid for it to have happened in such a short time, or any time at all for that matter.

Performance was really good about taking them back. I didn't want another pair so they gave me store credit which was fine.

ALSO---BEWARE of all performance/Forte carbon fiber products. I also broke last month a Forte carbon drop bar. It was 2 months old. Luckily I didn't get hurt.

FSA carbon cranks, Ultegra cranks, race face, truvative, etc