Truvativ Rouleur Triple Cranksets

Features: Forged 1-piece AL-7050-TV construction Highly fatigue resistant due to our optimized heat treament Super high polish mirror finish Double and Triple mirror black or silver polished Cyclocross mirror black only anodized chainrings with CNC details / 4mm outer ring smooth, ramped and pinned shifting 38-46 or 39-53 or 30-39-53 AL-7075-T6 rings Alloy chainring and self-extracting crank bolts Shimano 9-speed and Campy 10-speed compatible Length > 165 / 170mm / 172.5mm / 175mm Double 39-53 Length > 170 / 172.5 / 175mm Cyclocross and Triple Double and Cyclocross use a 108mm wide spindle Triple uses a 118mm wide spindle ISIS Drive only

[Apr 19, 2009]
Tony McCourt

OVERALL
Strength:

Great gear range, super cheap and beaut looks good without being over the top.....some bikes now look like clowns bikes from the circus...

Not the lightest and would like ceramics bb but too expensive to change as no alternative asian cheapy...

Fixed myself with all carbon spec bike parts.Came loose but put that down to user error.Looks great and had no problems with finish despite being coastal.Set bike up for recreational use but gone back to racing. Never use inner ring as great range with 53/39/30.with 11- 25rear.

Every thing except Durace from Biopace to Ultegra.Use Trufarts on the Dale - tandem

[Mar 15, 2009]
patmac

OVERALL
Strength:

Seems to be a pretty good, stiff crankset for what the bike cost.

She came with my OCR limited and hasn't given me too many problems. I have used crank brothers and ultegra spd-sl pedals with them and haven't had clearance issues like the previous post mentioned. This is my first road crank with the external bb and the stiffness is noticeable. I must admit I have not put significant miles on anything higher end though.

Stock Bontrager cranks on my Trek 1500

[Jan 06, 2006]

OVERALL
Strength:

fairly stiff, works

I can put up with the crankarm falling off the once (or even more times). I'm going to have to get a chainring guide to stop the chain from falling off. With that and the large allen you have to haul around, there go some of the weight savings from spending a lot on this crank. Without the ankle thing I'd give this a '2-3' value and a '3-4' overall. With the ankle thing there is no possible way I can't give this a positive review.

This is my first road bike, I've ridden mountain bikes as a commuter for years. I'm very glad I didn't pay the full retail listed here. It does work as a decent crankset at best, but it has some serious problems that I haven't been able to fix (and I built up my last mtn bike, including new hubs for the wheels). Reading the reviews on the double version of this crank I did have the left crank arm fall off on my first real ride. The shop seems to have fixed it, but it feels just a hair off now, I'll wait for it fall appart. Worse the chain falls off the big ring every 5-7th shift up to it. Thats after days of adjusting, it was every other shift after the shop 'fixed' it. The absolute worst problem I have with this crank is that every time I stand up and try a power acceleration I hit my left ball on my ankle right square on the root of the L crankarm, since I use the Shimano sandles this is a BIG problem. Always right in the same spot too. Two months after putting the bike away for the winter there's still a red mark and dimple roughly a 1/4" around, and it hasn't shrunk. At one point the area around the ankle of the L sandle was caked in blood. The root of the crankarm does have an odd shape to it, to accomodate the bolt (the bolt does not stick out). I'm using SPD's if that make a differnce.

numerous mountain cranks. This is my first integrated. I hated Octalink, and have had the best experiences with non-Shimano square tapers.