Shimano Ultegra FD-6800 Front Derailleur

Best Price At

Shimano Ultegra FD-6800 11-Speed Front Derailleur uses completely revamped cable geometry to acheive maximum leverage against the fulcrum of the main linkage. This translates into a lighter, more precise tactile feel at the shifter.

[Jul 21, 2019]
JnRyan

OVERALL
Strength:

What can you say about a front derailleur - either it works or it doesn't. This front derailleur is one of the many weaknesses of the Ultegra 6800 groupset. Smooth shifting front derailleur - so much so I can't tell any difference btw this and the D/A version.

Durability. I have the old 9 spd on an old bike and that front derailleur has been there for over 20 years and still runs great. I have the 105 on my old beater bike and it is 23 years old and still functions even though the last 7-8 years it has been on a trainer. I have 6800 on my new bike and in less than 4 years I am already on my 3rd front derailleur. The LBS says this front derailleur goes because I sweat too much and it is my fault and not the part. The fact that none of the previous models seem to have issues seems to be ignored. It is a very smooth shifting front derailleur - till it isn't.

Purchased: