Shimano 105 R7000 Groupos

SHIMANO 105 R7000 Series will empower more riders than ever before to embrace the sport of road cycling. It will become the supportive groupset that beginner riders choose to help them train for, and ride in more serious races. By combining trickle down technology with a greater accessibility, SHIMANO 105 will continue to motivate and inspire more riders than ever to go after greater challenges.

[Nov 10, 2020]
JnRyan

OVERALL
Strength:

I have only owned Shimano groupsets in the last 20 years - RSX, Ultegra and Dura-Ace. My last experience with Shimano - Ultegra 10 spd and Ultegra 11 spd 6800 - left me considering a switch to Campy. When I couldn't get the Canyon model I wanted in my size with Campy Potenza I bought a model with 105 R7000 and planned to replace it with Campy later. Now with 5000+ miles, I have this to be a very reliable and well performing groupset, certainly a major improvement over the Ultegra R6800 which had to have every item except the rear der replaced in the same amount of miles.

Supposedly heavier than either Ultegra or Dura-Ace. Shifting could be crisper, but since this set has a long cage rear der and 11-34 cassette that could be affecting the shifting.

Purchased: