Shimano Ultegra R8000-11Sp. Groupos

[Sep 10, 2018]
cervelott

OVERALL
Strength:

I’ve been riding DA7900 for many years now and finally UPGRADED to the new Shimano Ultegra r8000 11 speed grouppo on my Colnago C59. I can only say that I am very impressed with the group as a whole, certainly heavier than my old DA but the shifting is oh so smooth and very quick. (Went with a steel freehub as my aluminum k-Swiss was eating it pself up pretty badly so that contributed to the extra weight as well). First full install I ever did and it was very intuitive and has some neat features like setting the tension on the FD by matching up two index lines for optimum cable tension. Braking is noticeably better than my old DA, and the ergonomics of the brake levers and shifters almost perfect for my medium to large hands. All in all very pleased. Purchased this grouppo in the interim, while waiting for wireless systems to drop in price, but may never make the switch as this is all I need and am very happy with it.. Picked up the grouppo for just under $900 CDN at Merlin out of the UK. DA would have cost be closer to $1800, and although I can afford it, couldn’t justify the price difference. Went with the black, which matches my matte black C59 beautifully. Happy and safe riding!

Little bit heavier than DA, but at over half the price, a no brainer.

Price Paid: