Look FQV Road Pedal Pedals

• USER REVIEWS

[Dec 27, 2007]
    doug in co

OVERALL
    Strength:

light, cheap, reasonably durable

none in my experience

My experience with these pedals has been very good. I have the pedals on my TT bike and the JRA bike, not many miles on the TT but a couple of years of JRA and general training. The pedals are light and durable, no significant wear after two years. I like the light clip, have never pulled out of them, though I don't go in for sprints much.

Nashbar pedals, Look-alikes

[Oct 19, 2007]
    Ethan Roach

OVERALL
    Strength:

Nothing

weak. tension doesnt do nothing

110 New Zealand Dollars. Crap. The tension doesn't do nothing they only lasted me 5 months and the plastic clip on the back that connects to the spring broke. Forcing me to miss a race. I have done over 6000kms on them but still. Now i have look keo classics and they seem a lot better.

non they were my first

[Aug 02, 2007]
    uscgmac1

OVERALL
    Strength:

The price if your budget is low. The weight is light and the composit construction so far seems sturdy. Only time will tell.

Lots of movement and sliding around. Clips in real easy and out too easy. Actually a little bit dangerous. Personal prefrence. My learning experience of trial and error is getting expensive. How many pedals do i have to buy untill i find the right ones.

Just bought them to replace another cheap pedal, Wellgo spd. Went for the brand name Look. The pedals feel nice and spin nice and are very light but again like the last pedals, they slide around way too much. I wish I could lock in and feel solid but I guess you have to be able to move somewhat. Price was right but after buying two sets of pedals now it may be worth it to just buy more expensive pedals. Dont try to save money. I may even just go back to the old style all together. Feels like im standing on ice when i stand up on the bike. Cant really dig in and grind. I usually like to ride 20 miles and i cant get into my groove with the pedals on my mind. This whole clipless thing is expensive and very frustrating.

Wellgo SPD. Real garbage.

[Apr 20, 2007]
    T-bone

OVERALL
    Strength:

Cheap and lite.

Poorly constructed, dangerous, lousy tension spring

These pedals are cheap and dangerous. I found myself slipping out of them after a few months. The tension spring is weak and gets weaker with use. I came out of the pedals a few times when standing and almost crashed..be warned!

Look 396
    Look Keo Sprint
    Look 206

[Sep 15, 2006]
    byoon

OVERALL
    Strength:

cheap, light weight

squawk! Feel loose, mushy.

Very inexpensive pedals and lightweight (plastic). Bought them to switch to clipless for my first road bike. One started sqwuaking after only 100 miles. Tension adjustment doesn't really feel like it does much. Lots of float. More than I'd like. There's nothing technically wrong with these pedals, but I'm ready to upgrade to something stiffer and more sound structurally after only a few months. I'd say skip them unless you're a roadie noob like me.

[Feb 10, 2005]
    revcph

OVERALL
    Strength:

Inexpensive, light, look sleek in matte black. Very durable! (In my experience)

Plastic; contact with cleat has worn them down a bit, but this is more of a broken in thing than a just plain broken thing.

I don't understand the negative reviews of these pedals. I've had them for 2 riding seasons, put at least 5,000 miles on them, and have had no problems other than the occasional squeak in bad weather. Yes, they're plastic ("carbon" LOOK says), but they're light--160g on my scale--and have a pretty low stack height.

Other LOOK pedals

[Feb 29, 2004]
    voodoorada

OVERALL
    Strength:

-easy to clip in -easy to clip out (inspires confidence for first timers) -lightweight

-too easy to clip out of for experienced riders...you'll come out when you don't want to -too much non-adjustable float (9 degrees) -cheaper materials will not hold up long

These are good pedals to learn the LOOK system and for first-time clipless pedal users. Beginners have trouble clipping in and out and these pedals do both easily, which lets the rider focus on other aspects of cycling. However, more experienced riders will find they slip out when they do not want to which can cause major problems. The lightweight material will also not hold up compared to more expensive LOOK pedals.

[Mar 31, 2003]
    Tim Garvey

OVERALL
    Strength:

Lightest Look pedal (by a frog's hair)

Fell apart within 600 easy riding miles. These things are trash. The french cheeze us again!

Looking for lighter Look.

Various Look examples

[Jul 13, 2002]
    Ostrich

OVERALL
    Strength:

Weight.

Lack of positive click-in. Excessive float. Erratic release. Rapid wear.

Had high hopes for a lightweight Look pedal, but I was disappointed in every way. They don't have a positive click in, they float uncontrollably (even with new black cleats), and they click out too easily (even on highest tension) when you least expect it. I gave up after only 10 click ins/outs, and noticed wear on the plastic surface already. Junk, returned to store. I can't believe Look put their name on this one.

All-metal Look and Shimano Look-compatible pedals.

[Jul 09, 2002]
    Offroadnut

OVERALL
    Strength:

Light and cheap!!

Cheap!!

I bought them for an inexpensive way to try Look pedals. They are very light but the composite (plastic) construction does not last long. I had them come apart on me on a few rides and they started making noise (plastic rubbing plastic). Good to try out the Look system but don't expect them to last long at all.

Time, Look PP396