Look Keo HM Ti Pedals

• USER REVIEWS

[Jan 20, 2011]
    glentoglen

OVERALL

Stay a way!! Pedals are nice, but the cleats are junk... They keep breaking. I've been through 5 cleats in 2yrs. Switching to another pedal system for this season. They always break at the worst possible time as well.

[Apr 14, 2008]
    gitoutdaway

OVERALL
    Strength:

Low weight, apparently high quality finish/strength material, good clip system

Exccesive high price, poor quality control/factory damage!

I just bought these yesterday. They looked and felt so great in the store I decided to shell out the big bucks for 'em since I needed new pedals anyway.
    But...
    When I got home and looked at the pedals I got, I discovered strange stamp-damage marks on the bottom of the left pedal that broke the upper layer of the pedal surface and looks like some sort of factory damage.
    So...
    I have not mounted them yet but am already dissapointed with LOOK Quality Control on a $500 pedal (!!!) which I find, in todays competitive market, to be unnacceptable imho. I will either return them for exchange (since they do look so promising and I will give it another chance) but will be much more weary of LOOK products in the future and inspect anything I buy out of the box in the store before bringing it home.

Shimano Dura Ace(Look system),Bontrager spd mtb pedals, Campy Record, Time ATAc,

[Mar 28, 2007]
    Jake Burby

OVERALL
    Strength:

Stiffness, power transfer, low profile, asthetics and positioning. All in all a great pedal, a small step better than the KEO Carbon TI, but better none-the-less. Love them!

Pricy for such a small difference between the next lower pedal, the LOOK KEO Carbon TI. SLightly smaller platform, although this doesnt create any loss of power as the HM TI is stiffer and lower profile.

Wow...
    I just recieved these from LOOK about a week ago, and the initial presentation, box, DVD included, cleats, everything is sharp. The pedal is said to be stiffer than the KEO Carbon Ti, but I only weigh in at about 150 so I pretty much take LOOK's word on that. I do notice a bit more tension or stiffness when I engage and disengage from the pedals, so I know theat the stregnth is there. They are extremely light, and I love the lower profile and maximum energy transfer.
    With this in mind, I worried about a loss of platform or energy transfer with the decrease in size compared to the Carbon Ti, but they do feel as if they put my foot closer to the platform and of course, closer to the axle.
    Wether these are worth the excess cost over the KEO Carbon Ti's is questionable, especially for a lightweight rider.
    Absolutely no play or flex, and they look sharp.

KEO Carbon, KEO Carbon TI, KEO Classic, Shimano Ultegra, Shimano Dura Ace, Speedplay, Crank Bros.