Performance RC-7 Pedals

Simplified alloy body. Needle bearings and a chromoly spindle. Wide toe plate and dual force retention system. Tension adjustment window, 4°degree float. Compatible with Shimano mountain SPD®cleats.

[May 19, 2020]
jeffbozo

OVERALL
Strength:

cheap, decent bearings, light weight

Purchased:
Used
[Mar 20, 2003]
Brock

OVERALL
Strength:

Easy to use, inexpensive, not real heavy.

piece sticking up in back rubs on bottom of shoe

Since they were so cheap, I bought two sets of these pedals for my road bike and my hybrid/commuter. Overall, I think they are smooth and easy to use, and clipping in became very easy over time. The only drawback I experienced had to do with the piece that sticks up at the back of the pedal. That piece would rub on the bottom of my shoes, and sometimes would squeak. (These shoes had the panels on the bottom that you cut out for SPD set-up, so that part of the pedal was rubbing against rubber or a thin covering on the metal sole, not the hard fiberglass or carbon fiber that's on many higher-end road shoes.) Their newer, comparable model (Forte Pro?) appears to have remedied this issue.

Ritchey Logic Road SPD

[Jun 20, 2000]

OVERALL
Strength:

cheap, decent bearings, light weight

??

I wanted a better pedal than the cheap Nashbar double-sided MTB pedals I first used when I put this bike together. Performance had these for $39 so I gave them a try. The bearing is pretty good for the money, it will flip over on its own. The pedal takes Shimano-generic SPD cleats, and works fine...easy clip-in and release. They aren't bad looking either. With used Ultegra pedals going for about twice what I paid for these I figure I got my money's worth. Lighter than Ultegra, too.

Nashbar NR-EP