Shimano PP-7800 Dura-Ace Pedals

• Three bearings for load dispersion
  • Reduced flex and a silky-smooth rotation
  • Three-hole cleat pattern fits most shoes
  • Includes float style cleats
  • 270g

[Aug 22, 2008]
ken branch

OVERALL
Strength:

great pedal, wide platform, comfortable

prone to corrode ( finish )

2008 model, great pedal except for the fact that i sweat a lot and after 2000km they have started to pit. finish is not corrosion resistant. pitting is deep. i have used shimano pedals before with different finishes and have not had problems.

shimano 105 (painted finish)

[Apr 13, 2006]

OVERALL
Strength:

Lighter weight than the Ultegras by about the weight of a pack of gum....

Bearing housing / cheap construction

I ride ultra marathon road events. I ride thousands of miles every month in training, because my events are almost always over 400 miles in length. I used these pedals for about a month and a week.. (3,200 miles.) the bearing housing on my right pedal is completely destroyed! I can't stress how disappointed I am with these pedals, because I REALLY wanted them to work!

I've used Look, Time, and like the SPD-SL's best... the Ultegra Spd-sl's Have been used by me for over 20,000 miles... No issues whatsoever... They can be purchased for around half the price as the Dura Ace 7800's! Guess what I am going back to???

[Jan 02, 2006]

OVERALL
Strength:

Good looks, easy to use and the cleats are easy to walk in (for short distances of course).

Expensive...but for the weight and the brand name I guess they are comparable to other pedals in the same league.

I've managed to put about 800 miles on these pedals now and I have no complaints whatsoever. I've scuffed the heck out of them and they look like hell but they have been flawless. Easy to clip into and out of. Good amount of float. I've only fallen over once and that was because of a loss of momentum and my own stupidity.

Performance brand Look knock offs and Shimano SPD pedals.

[Nov 08, 2004]
cpark

OVERALL
Strength:

Light weight,easy to clip in and price.

Finally upgrade my LOOK pedals to this and this is a nice pair of pedals. Easy to clip into(was a never an issue with LOOK pedals),light weight and good price(if you shop around). I also like the rubber pieces on the bottom of the cleats(I can actually wallk on my hardwood floor and don't have to worry about putting a dent).

Look 396

[Jul 01, 2004]

OVERALL
Strength:

Light weight, brand quality, Lance uses these.

Loose float, need to adjust properly with shoes and cleats.

I made the move to a road only Dura-Ace pedal. This has been a big adjustment from my old Time pedals. I found the float cleats (yellow) that came with the pedals to be way too loose for my taste. To my surprise, and despite a reconstructed knee, I bougth the fixed (red) cleats and there is 100% improvement. I really like the push from 2 to 7 PM on the rotation, especially on hill climbs. The wide platform is sweet.

Time Pedals