Shimano Ultegra PD-6800 Pedals

Best Price At
Available At
Available At

Shimano Ultegra SPD-SL 6800 Carbon road pedal is a competition full Carbon body construction that islight weight, rigid and provides efficient power transfer. A stainless steel cover is in place to protect the carbon from any abrasion. This pedal features

[Jan 11, 2016]
KnightBiker

OVERALL
Strength:

Power transfer and stability
Ease of use
Value
Weight

the front cage wears down were the cleat hooks in the pedal

After around 2 years (-20.000 km) of use the carbon front was completely worn out, resulting in slipping out of the pedal under power. An upgrade should be a metal front part. (a shame because the rest of the pedal, axle and housing is still in mint condition)
I guess the older cheaper metal models will last forever.

[Aug 21, 2015]
JR Namida

OVERALL
Strength:

Wider than Dura Ace 7800 pedals, they also seems to spin up the wheels faster than the 105 aluminium pedals they replaced.

I am seeing used Ultegra PD-6800 Pedals on ebay with extensive scratches, and chunks out of the bottom section of the pedals. Racing, or careless weekend warrior abuse? This visible damage to the carbon bodies of the wider lighter weight pedals on ebay has me a bit concerned. Crashes & accident do happen, and while an aluminium pedals can be damaged, I wonder if carbon will take the same abuse?.

There is a perception that these pedals allow me to spin up my light weight wheels with less effort, maybe it just the newness of fancy carbon pedals.

The sound of clipping into the carbon pedal is different than aluminium that have a reassuring metallic click sound. The wider pedal is a nice touch, but the cleats are not wider, they have the same mounting points. There is also a different feel/method in clipping out of these carbon pedals.

When I have ridden 7,000 miles in these Ultegra PD-6800 pedals like the 105 5610 pedals they replaced, I will have an fuller opinion on the effects of the increased pedal width, and the durability of the carbon body, and bearing life.

Currently the clip in sound is different and audible to other riders, they are lighter, and seem to let me spin up the light weight wheels quicker, and clipping out of the pedals seems to be slight different effort/movement from the narrower aluminium body pedals.

Have always used Shimano SPD SL pedals for my road bicycles, mostly 105 level. I did purchase a Dura Ace 7800 set, and lost the left pedal transporting the bicycle home from the second ride with the new pedals. Yes, I know, it seems silly, but I do have a very clean Dura Ace 7800 pedal that is without a mate.

[Apr 11, 2014]
Landon

OVERALL
Strength:

A wonderfully responsive pedal. The transfer of power is outstanding, they hold the cleats nice and tight, clip in and out is a breeze. Easily adjustable to give the rider the exact feel they what. Very light at 260g

None to mention

Just upgraded from Shimano PD-R540 which is a good pedal but the saving of 70g and the rigidity of carbon composite body. Makes this an amazing upgrade to my 2010 Specialized Roubaix. Not sure why I waited so long to match the rest of the Ultegra component group. The transfer of power is outstanding and it feels like there is no loss of power. I can wait to get clipped back into these!

• Available At