Speedplay Zero Ti Pedals

Best Price At

The Speedplay Zero Pedal System allows you to choose either a fixed position or up to 15 degrees of float. Zero pedals maintain the traditional feel of a fixed system while incorporating all the well-known advantages of Speedplay X Pedal Systems. Dual-sided Zero pedals offer light weight, easy engagement and disengagement, a low 11.5mm stack height and superior cornering clearance. The engagement mechanism does not rely on spring tension for retention, so you don't have to crank down a tension adjuster just to prevent inadvertent release. Best of all, you can choose either a fixed position or a microadjustable 15 degrees of float.The Zero Ti weighs in at 164g per pair and has an amazing cornering clearance of 39 degrees. Available in numerous colors and they come with cleats (and mounting hardware) compatible with virtually every road shoe in the marketplace.Please note that due to their Ti spindles, Speedplay recommends use of the Zero Titanium pedals for riders 185lbs and lighter.Please Note: Due to manufacturer restrictions, we are unable to ship Speedplay products outside the United States.

[Feb 22, 2011]
Dan Gerous

OVERALL
Strength:

Free float is the best, light, solid foot hold. FREE FLOAT!

Bearings need constant re-greasing or they will seize after a few rides. The cleats pick dirt easily so if you stop on the side of the road, make sure you stay on clean pavement, a bit dangerous if you stop on a road with fast traffic and no shoulder...

Perform great but the bearings and cleat require lots of maintenance.

Time I-clic, SPD's, Time ATAC, Eggbeaters, Candies...

[Dec 31, 2008]
Alexander

OVERALL
Strength:

Durability (no maintenance or replacements after 7000km), easy in/out, holds when cycling.

Entrance is less easy with a dirty cleat and walking with these cleats is poor.

For me the most important for pedals is that it holds when it is required and easy in/out. After using time impact s for a while, I switched to speedplay and it's excellent: after 1 year it is has never failed me during a sprint or whatever while getting in/out is (still) easy. Compared with time, speedplay holds it qualities while time gets less rigid. Only minor is entrance when the cleat is dirty.

SPD, Time Impact s

[Nov 10, 2006]
eagleeye

OVERALL
Strength:

Stiff.
Dual-sided entry.
Cool looking.
Light weight.
Speedplay. What more do I need to say?

If you want to use them in cyclocross, don't. The cleats will get clogged. Just stay on the pavement.

Wow. And I thought my Speedplay X2/X5s rocked. These pedals give you everything. They look cool. The are light. They truly let you put all the power into the crank. The adjustment screws really help you dial in how much float you want. Easy. I can ride on my trainer and change my float with a screw driver.

Speedplay X2, X5.

[Aug 02, 2006]
jhracing

OVERALL
Strength:

Float adjustment, low profile, lots of room for cleat positioning, easy exit, easy entry when it works

Pricey and weight not as low as it appears due to heavy cleat, occasional entry problems, cleat easily gunked up with mud or debris

The float adjustment and double-sided entry are great, as is the light weight. I do have trouble entering about 25% of the time - sometimes the geometry between the cleat and pedal just doesn't seem to align. I've tried lube and loosening the cleat but no help. When entry works it's like butter and exit is never a problem.

Look, SPD

[Jul 26, 2005]
chicks

OVERALL
Strength:

the weight

the price of the cleats but they last for ages

never had a problem with speedplays ive got three pairs . a pair of frogs and two pairs of zeros one ti the other cromoly easy to get into and easy to get out of

shimano dura ace and egg beaters

[Jun 04, 2005]
chrisj

OVERALL
Strength:

Lightweight, ease of use.

None.

These are light, easy to get in and out of and have presented no problems whatsoever. Difficulty(by others)getting in and out may be attributable to overtightening cleats.

Campagnolo Record Pro Fit.

[Apr 25, 2005]
Frits Smit

OVERALL
Strength:

Mentioned above: set-up, no play, weight, doublesided engagement, etc.

Pedalbolts are #@$%^$imperial and not metric! Initialy click-in is tough.

I love these pedals! Before I used Campagnolo Record Pro-fit. After 2 years they had tons of play front rear aswell as lateral (not rotational). Not only the cleats had worn but als the plastic! on the pedals itself. The zero's feel is from day one much firmer because the much larger engagement-area. No front rear play, no lateral play. The engagement is metal on metal, I don't expect much wear. Also on the plus side is the possibility of lateral adjustment, easy set-up of the cleats, the foot is nearer to the axlecentre and there is a shim-set to adjust for leglenght difference! These are the definitive pedals for me.

Look (Okay, lasted 8 years), Campagnolo Record Pro-Fit (fast wear)

[Sep 21, 2004]
paluc52

OVERALL
Strength:

Very easy entry and exit; light; comfortable

Pricey, if new. Not recommended for riders over 180 pounds.

My first clipless pedals: Attracted to the idea of adjustable float and dual sided entry. Found a lightly used pro pair (ie the yellow ti pedals - Speedplay did NOT first issue these for Hamilton's Phonak team this summer). They have been fabulous! Once I adjusted the float, I've never had to think about them. They are easy to exit, and easy to enter if you keep both pedal and cleat reasonably clean and use a dry lube like White Lightening. Something is very wrong with the last prior review (besides the fact that the reviewer never personally used the product). The cleats came already well used, but I've put another 3000 miles on them this summer and they appear to have plenty of life left. Yes, I do use the "coffee" cleat covers. Once I got shims to compensate for my pronating, any mild hotspots disappeared. Having only very sparingly used SPD's, I can't really compare the cornering/stack height advantage over other clipless pedals, other than to ask - What's the problem with other pedals?

Generic SPDs on mountain shoes.

[Nov 08, 2003]
trek5900cyclist

OVERALL
Strength:

After seeing him in the hospital in a substantial amount of pain I dont think there are any.

Hell, read my review (I apologize for cursing)

I am writing this review for another person. (You will find out why in a second) He has the Speedplay Zero Ti pedals and we were riding in a Century together. About 20 miles into the race he was unable to clip out of his pedals. (Brand new with no dirt in the cleats) Eventually he was able to get out as soon as we were coming up to the intersection we had to go past to get on the low traffic road. We dissmissed it as him not being used to them and continued. We didnt have to clip out for the rest of the race but when we were nearing the finish and had to cross a different and busier intersection. Again he couldnt clip out on either side this time. There was a high curb on either side with no bike lane and traffic behind us. I signaled to the cars and riders behind us (we were the leaders) They just couldnt understand since they were behind the cars far behind us. He hit his brakes when we were about ten yards from the intersection and when he lost momentum he went down. There was rain and the road was slippery and his bike skidded the rest of the way into the middle of the road and rush hour traffic. I had to unclip, drop my bike on the ground, and run out and drag him and his bike he was still attached to out of the road. He ended up with a broken arm and three bruised ribs. It was horrible and looked like something out of a movie.

I have never trusted Speedplay pedals; I use Shimano Ultegra pedals and have Dura-Ace ones that I use in big time races.

[Sep 07, 2003]
yamaha_mike

OVERALL
Strength:

Although not as monkey-brain easy as putting a round peg into a round hole, the inverse is nearly thoughtless.

The instructions inform you that it is a tough click-in during the break in period. They are not lying!! I am on about 400 miles and still have to lube the contact surface to be able to click into these things. With a dab of lube, however, these are just about as smooth as butter. Like all pedals, finding the true weight of pedal and cleat is elusive. It's a lot of smack for shaving 40g over the stainless steel.

Tired of always fumbling with my ultegra pedals, I wanted an easy dual sided pedal. This is nearly perfect.

Nothing else like it

• Available At

© Copyright 2018 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.