Time Equipe Pro Ti Pedals

• Lower bioposition (sole to spindle distance) of 8.5 mm.
  • 10° angular freedom and 5mm of lateral clearance.
  • 35' cornering clearance.
  • Titanium Axle

• USER REVIEWS

[Apr 23, 2002]
    siegeb

OVERALL
    Strength:

- Great power transition - Simple cleat system eliminates constant adjustments after changing

- none

Have had Looks since I started riding and invariably had knee pain whenever I changed the cleats. Recently changed cleats and knee pain reappeared. Thus made the switch to Time, as I still wanted a platform pedal. Knee pain went away immediately. Worth the price for that alone.

Look PP396

[Jul 19, 2001]
    Jack Ibagbaga

OVERALL
    Strength:

easy to use. lots of lateral movement which is good for my knees and other joints.

weight. but with the new Ti's, they're decent besides, if I'm suppose to shave some weight, I'll trim my beer gut.

I've read somewhere that G. Lemond swear on this types of pedals. They're the best. I'd like to try speedplay x1's but not anymore. 5*'s on value since I feel like I've stolen this one from someone else.

SPD's and LOOK

[Feb 02, 2001]
    Matt

OVERALL
    Strength:

Stinkin' Sweet pedals. Super easy to get in and out of. They have a large platform, so great power transfer, and less strain on the balls of your feet.

Weight, don't matter to me, the time I make up with the power transfer will definately outway any extra grams that might slow me down. Skip on the donuts, buy Time.

Sweet.

I rode Shimano Ultegra pedals for a year, and I thought they were a good pedal. My ankles began to strain from getting in and out of the pedals.(even though I was on the loosest setting) Anyway, turns out I was riding crap, but it was all that I knew. Now I know better, Time is rad. And check out those nifty colors.

[Mar 31, 2000]
    Eric

OVERALL
    Strength:

Excellent biomechanics, easy to set up cleat positon, durable cleats, good retention, serviceable bearings.

Expensive, heavy compared to others, cosmetically they look older than they are.

I have 2 pair of the Equipe Pro Mag pedals (cro-mo spindles). The older pair (1997, white, with the new body) have probably been ridden 40000 km and they are still in pretty good shape. I have replaced the inner bearings once (must use the Time tool kit from authorized dealer but it's an easy job). Cosmetically the pedals are OK. The white paint on the Mg bodies gets scratched and dirty easily, and I've scraped them in criteriums a few times. The red bodies seem to have better better paint and don't show scrapes and dirt as much. Of course I haven't ridden them as much.

Where the Time pedals really shine is in the float. There is both lateral (4mm) and rotational float (10 deg), against a slight spring. Some like this, some don't. I prefer the float to the free float of Speedplay. Set up on the shoes is as simple as just positioning the cleat in the preferred fore-aft position and that's it. Entry is good, though it takes getting used to. Retention is excellent - I've never had a pull-out in these pedals. Release is stiff but predictable.

Look, SPD, Speedplay

[Mar 30, 2000]
    Jesse Smith

OVERALL
    Strength:

Durability, comfort

price, can be hard to clip into

Everyone knows that pedals, like saddles,can be a highly individual choice. These are the only road pedals I've ever tried, so I can't compare them to others.
    This said, I haven't had any reason to try another kind of pedal. I have no pedal related ankle, knee, or foot problems.
    Despite using them for 2 years, I still have problems clipping into them on occasions. I've never accidentally clipped out.
    No part of the pedal has or shows any sign of breaking. Seeing so many professionals use them is also a vote of confidence.

[Apr 19, 2000]
    FredV

OVERALL
    Strength:

Lateral float
    Large Platform
    Easy to setup the right position
    Durable & easely serviceable bearings
    Durable cleats
    Many colors available
    ...

Price

I always used time pedals, and never had any knee problems.
    On my new bike, I considered switching to look296, but after all, I really had nothing to complain about Time, so I ordered time EqPro mag.

Shimano 747 (on my mtb)

[Apr 26, 2000]
    Tim Moxey

OVERALL
    Strength:

Free movement is brilliant. SPD's etc feel restrictive in comparison. Not the norm either...they look different. Have had Time pedals since 1990 and they are still going strong. just upgraded to these when I got my new bike.

Price (much cheaper in Europe) and weight, though the latter is worth it to save my knees! Cleats aren't recessed like SPD's

If you care about fit, comfort and knees, these pedals cannot be beaten. Very very strong.

SPD's, Look and older Time's

[Apr 28, 2000]
    tim

OVERALL
    Strength:

Bomb proof, durable

they do eventually need to be replaced

I don't think twice about using Time pedals on my road bike or on my mtn bike.

Various toe clip pedals in the dark ages. Look clipless when they first came out--knee pain!!

[Apr 28, 2000]
    Jack

OVERALL
    Strength:

Nice float and large platforms are more comfortable than the spd type.

sometimes difficult to get into. cleats on shoes are large and not easy to walk with.

I like using these pedals for longer rides. Once you're clipped in it's great. These pedals are not great for those of you who have to deal with stopping every 15 minutes. I really like the float and lateral movement these pedals offer.

spd, look

[May 10, 2000]
    Duncan

OVERALL
    Strength:

Good platform, float (lateral and rotational), bearings

The best road pedals out there! Solid platform for when you're really cranking. Never had knee problems with these pedals, unlike the others. Sometimes pricey, but shop around and you'll find a deal. Ideal for the serious rider who wants to rack up the miles. Maybe too exotic for Joe Average who doesnt want to spend too much on clipless pedals.

SPD, LOOK