Time iCLIC 2 Titan Carbon Road Pedals

Time iClic2 Titan Carbon Road Clipless Pedal is the latest evolution of the top-of-the-range iClic series from Time. The iClic series provides a unique 'pre-tensed' retention device, allowing the rider to clip in with almost zero effort. High actuation ratio allows you to get out nearly as quickly.

[Jun 10, 2014]
Alan

OVERALL
Strength:

Light, fairly easy to click in/out

Not secure, quickly disintegrating cleats. POOR (combative) customer service.

These highly praised pedals turned out to be a nightmare for me. After attaching these $300 pedals/cleats to my Trek Madone and carbon soled Rocket 7 shoes, I had 2 good rides before my right foot popped right out of the pedal! Apparently any down-force on the right side of the pedal disengages the cleat! I've tried adjusting both the cleats and pedals, to no avail. The cleats appear to be made of the softest plastic I've ever experienced in a cleat. Completely inappropriate for walking even ten feet, as the cleats appear to scuff, dent, and disintegrate almost with the first step. After nearly crashing, I contacted Time-USA. The main customer service center (in FRANCE) never even answered my communication. I finally contacted their US service center, in Minnesota, who ran me through two weeks of photos and screen-shots and emails, I finally sent the pedals to Time-USA. Now they're saying I didn't have a proper RMA#. I don't know if there is a defect in the pedal, or a basic design flaw. Either way, I'm disappointed in TIME-USA's lack of concern in resolving this issue. This is my first TIME product, and probably my last. Stay away from these pedals. I believe they are Unsafe. I went back to my Speedplay pedals.