Time iCLIC Racer Pedals

Time iCLIC Racer Carboflex Road Pedals are super light weight with an oversized platform and flexible carbon blade rather than metal springs.

[Jul 25, 2012]
cpcyclist

OVERALL
Strength:

I've always liked Time pedals for their unique float and have used them going back to the first generation Time Mags.

The new generation has zero durability.

I've cracked two three sets now. They develop a cracks in the pedal body above the spindle. In addition, the latest version (2012) has the triangular stainless steel plates on the top...they fall out after not much use. The first set (first generation of the ICLIC Racer) I purchased from a shop in Europe and Time USA graciously replaced for me. Those also cracked so I waited for the new 2012 version which was supposedly more durable due to the aforementioned plates. Well, those have now crack as well. The last set I purchased from an authorized dealer in the US that I found on Ebay...eurocyclist. They told me they could handle any warranty issues. Well, now that I have one they are claiming it's my fault because I bought the wrong pedal! I weigh 204 lbs and train/race exclusively..no cross. They'll warranty it but they want me to upgrade to the carbon version and pay the difference. So, in a nut shell, I am done with Time and would recommend not purchasing from eurocyclist on Ebay

[Oct 26, 2011]
Rick

OVERALL
Strength:

See above

See above

I like the design, they're very light, and very easy to clip into and clip out of. The excessive amount of float, however, caused knee pain and I returned to Campy Record pedals and my knee pain disappeared.
If you're a rider who doesn't generally experience knee discomfort of any kind, these are probably great pedals. My case my be unique...they simply didn't work out for me.

Campagnolo Record Pro Fit

[Jan 04, 2011]
Golfguy

OVERALL
Strength:

Near-zero entry force. Smooth bearings. Light. Very nice, walkable cleat.

Engagement takes some getting used to. Cleat durability still in question.

Recently purchased these pedals used on eBay. I'm migrating from Campy Look-style pedals from the mid-90s. So far I'm very pleased with these pedals. Entry effort is virtually zero, and is especially noticeable coming from my old pedals which had a fairly high effort to clip in. Starting off from stoplights requires much less attention and effort to get clipped in. The lightness of the pedal will cause it to spin much more than my old pedals if I miss the engagement from start, but I'm getting used to the technique. The pedals are much lighter than my previous set, which is nice. They seem to be well constructed and I expect them to be durable. The axles and bearings are very smooth.
The cleats are much more walkable than the Delta-style cleats I had before. Rubber pads on each corner of the cleat and a long fore-aft length make them very stable on slick floors. I haven't had them long enough to evaluate the durability of the cleats, which is purported to be a problem. Time will tell, although they seem to be fine now.

Campagnolo Athena Look-type pedal. Shimano SPD style pedal.