Time RXS Speed Pedals

Hollow steel axle and nickel-plated engagement arch Composite body SENSOR : regulation of angular sensations Q-FACTOR : setting of lateral foot position ANGULAR FLOAT: ±5° LAT...

[May 08, 2010]
ldh6

OVERALL
Strength:

-- Price
-- Weight
-- Good float
-- Color (white)
-- Cleat is nice for off-bike travels

-- Weak construction
-- Difficult to clip in

After having ridden Shimano SPDs on my road ride for the past 4 years, I decided to make the change to 'true' road pedals. Based on weight, price, and style, I went with the RXS Speeds, in light of RXS reviews by many indicating breakage. I don't consider myself a hard-core hammer head, and I've never had 'abuse' issues with any of my equipment. Needless to say, after about 30hrs of time on the pedals, the front clip on the right pedal broke. Not a complete break, but at least half the clip broke off, so they're still usable, but not intact as I purchased them. At this point, I'm just waiting for a period when I know I won't have much time to pedal, so I can return them under warranty prior to putting them on eBay so I can get a sturdier product (Shimano or Mavic, maybe).