Easton EC70 Forks

By bonding a lightweight aluminum crown and steer tube section to carbon blades...

[Jan 10, 2010]
StillKeen

OVERALL
Strength:

Cheap (I was very lucky to find them on special for $100, but then at the checkout they rung-up at $75).
Nice ride, a definitel improvement over my bikes generic no name forks

The forks were never perfectly aligned. I've checked my front wheel, and it's dished perfectly, yet when I mount it different directions in the fork it's closer to one side. This would be a problem if I was running 23mm tires, but with 25's it fits one way, but not the other.

I would prefer if the fork had a tad more clearance so 25mm tires fitted easier.

Purchased to replace my generic forks on a generic 7005 triple butted kinesis framed road bike. The original forks didnt have enough steerer left for me to get the riding position I really wanted.

The forks ride much nicer than the original forks. They've 2-3 rides a week for the last 3 years with no issues

Generic carbon from Kinesis. Cotic RoadRat steel fork, Condor with renyolds 753 steel fork, Lemond with OCLV carbon frame/fork

[Aug 21, 2006]
Bumblebee Man

OVERALL
Strength:

The fork is lightish for an alu steerer (478g uncut). Good handling. Very comfortable

a little flexy when my weight is over the bars

This review is for the 1"1/8 alu-steerer model, which i believe to be a 2005 or 2006.

This fork came with a 2006 BMC Street Fire frameset (which is why I didn't include the price), and I've already logged a few thousand kms on it. This fork is comfortable, tracks and corners well, and passes all the 'no hands' tests, but, as a biggish guy (195lbs), I too find it a little flexy when riding off the saddle. I'm consdering trying some stiffer forks, such as a Columbus Link. I'm prepared to sacrifice a little comfort for some rigidity.

Columbus Muscle, Columbus Link, Mizuno,

[Nov 02, 2005]

OVERALL
Strength:

Weight

Excellent fork with great damping. Haven't noticed any shimmy as noted by other riders. Responsive.

Canondale

[Nov 06, 2004]

OVERALL
Strength:

Lightweight, looks good, very comfortable.

Great fork. Replaced a Kestrel fork with an aluminum steerer. Noticable increase in road damping. Really comfortable. A bit flexy when climbing on the hoods. I ride for comfort, so this fork is perfect for me.

kestrel ems, reynolds ouzo comp.

[Feb 29, 2004]

OVERALL
Strength:

For the price, it looks great, weight is great, and the feel is awesome.

N/A

Have never experienced any problems. I hammer my products by riding year round in rain, snow, heat, etc. I live in an area that has many railroad tracks and poorly surfuced roads. No problems.

[Nov 22, 2003]
Jeston75

OVERALL
Strength:

Great performance at a great price.

Heavy?

This is a really great fork. I'm a big rider (over 200 lbs) and have never found this fork flexy, but it sure soaks up the rough spots. This was a major improvement to my ride. I find this fork to be far superior in handling and ride compared to the Reynolds Ouza Comp.

Reynolds Ouza Comp, stock Cro-Mo fork

[Oct 09, 2002]
simplystella

OVERALL
Strength:

lightweight, dampens the road.

compresser cap is cheap!

I purchased this fork as an upgrade from cromo. I test road reynolds, look. This one was in my budget for what I wanted. It did the trick, I am a small rider and I did not find this flexy but definately dampened the vibration. (I ride 30+ miles 3x per wk). Complaint: the compressor cap DID NOT last long and required replacement.

cromo steel, the test ride group (see review)

[Aug 05, 2002]
Flothru

OVERALL
Strength:

Weight, Price, Looks Real cool.

Flexy steerer???(see review)

This fork enabled me to drop about 3/4lb from my previous steel fork. I have the 1" alum steer. This fork is sooo much smoother than my steel fork it is amazing. I am much less fatigued at the end of rides. I was not expecting much for the closeout price i paid but wow what a deal. The legs seem reasonably stiff. I have had no tracking problems even at 45+ on a nice decent. I have found some flex in either the stem or the steerer?? Not sure yet which since the stem is also new to me. I plan to try another stiffer stem down the road to see if that helps. fo this price you can not go wrong this fork is a huge impovment over my old steel fork and the even older alum fork.

Steel paramount fork, Aluminum specialized fork

[Apr 26, 2002]
Sting

OVERALL
Strength:

Very light. Value for money. STABLE. Aggressive look that turns heads.

Strange twitchiness to the fork that I can''t quite place.

This fork is very light. Strangely enough, it is more stable than my stock Litespeed fork(45mm offset compared to EC70s 43mm offset). Riding hands free is now so much easier. I doubt the 2mm difference in offset is the cause of the greater stability. Probably the EC70 has less lateral flex and stiffer steerer tube (mine is a 1-1/8" alloy steerer). I have also noticed a certain "twitchiness" to this fork that I can''t quite understand. It is as if the fork wobbles very easily at most speeds. anyone else notice this?

Litespeed stock fork

[Mar 23, 2002]
The Giant Roadie

OVERALL
Strength:

Light, cool looking, carbon everything.

None that I know of.

OK, to all who read this I paid 240 for this fork but the includes a Ritchey stem and ritchey haedset plus installion ans removal of my old fork which was not easy for the bike shop to do since I so what striped the stem bolts. But once it was on it works great. It is light. I got it becasue I wanted to go to a threadless fork. I don''t really know the difference in road feel, I had a carbon fork on there already. But it made my bike lighter. Stick a spinergy Xaero rim in front and the front is set for life. The ritchey stem and headset also work great too. To all college students on a budget and want a good road bike get Shimano 105 group. It works great and is not that expensive. All it is a slightly heavier Ultegra. I am a college student that is why I say this.

Giant Carbon Forks