Leader Bike LD-S781CF Forks

• USER REVIEWS

[Feb 22, 2003]
    patcat3

OVERALL
    Strength:

Carbon steer tube, lightweight, and an excellent buy for the price as a combo-purchase item from Leader.

None to report at this time.

I originally planned on getting the curved carbon fork, but saw (too late) that a straight had been ordered, so I just waited for the delivery. It's a stiletto: a very thin fork. First time I rode it, it seemed flimsy. Now, I think it was just the responsiveness. I'm usually 180 lbs., and packing 190 lbs. at the moment. I've put about a hundred-plus miles on it, and I've gone over some rough stuff, and a few unexpected potholes. It's plush. My hands don't have anywhere the typical numbness that can develop. I've done some reasonably hard cornering, and it seems firm enough. I'm quite impressed, especially when comparing it to a carbon Profile Design (BRC w/alloy steer tube) that I have on another bike. Looks don't always tell all.

Profile Design BRC (alloy steer-tube)

[Aug 20, 2002]
    treefrog

OVERALL
    Strength:

Light, strong(I'm 190+ lbs) and confortable

The fork is light, relatively inexpensive, and gives a responsive yet forgiving ride (at least equal to my pricey steel road bike fork). A disastorous crash necessitated replacement. Leader responded immediately under the terms of their crash replacement policy even though I had forgotten about it.

Ritchey, Cannondale Forks and one other of unknown brand(but on an expensive bike)