Profile Design BDC Forks

Time Trial proven at the '98 world championships. Carbon fiber (700C) or Aluminum steering column. 46mm deep blades and integrated drop outs for superior Aerodynamics. 700C or 650C. Threadless or Threaded (CrMo). For Triathlon and Time Trial events. 581 grams (Carbon 300mm).

[Aug 29, 2002]
aptr

OVERALL
Strength:

price, ride quality

weight? There are certainly lighter forks out there.

I put this fork on my time trial bike and its done everything I could hope for. The price was right, it certainly take some of the road shock out while feeling very stable in fast corners. The only penalty for this fork, as far as I am concerned, is the weight.

[Dec 20, 2000]

OVERALL
Strength:

Price, aero, looks

Nope

I'm a 215 Clydesdale age-grouper that was tired of the pounding I took when riding the (then) OEM aluminum fork. I rode some bikes with carbon forks and decided to get one. Profile may not make the best regarded or praised fork, but I love riding with my BDC. It's sturdy, but forgiving, and looks sharp, the price was right and didn't get me kicked out of the house (the Zipps were another story!).

The BDCs do a swell job of eliminating high freq vibes and taking the punch out of aggregate pavements. I'm no expert rider, but I feel like I handle the bike better in the aerobars with this fork. I don't look down and see the fork flex as it takes a hit, so I can tell it's not as supple as a higher-end road fork like the Ouzo or Looks. Since I don't ride 1000+ per month I can live with less fork flex. The specs on the BDC are excellent for a $200 or less fork. The finish is beautiful and it comes in 650 and 700 sizes.

I no longer get off the bike after a 2 hour ride and reach for the Motrin. My run splits improved immediately and brick runs were a little less painful. If you're a bigger rider and want to enjoy the miles more in the aerobars, recreational or racing, you won't go wrong with the BDC (or ARC)! Great product for your money!