Cinelli `01 Aliante Frames

Cinelli - a true example of Italian-born cycling elegance and craftsmanship. Custom drawn & shaped Columbus Altec-2+ triple butted tubing, and a custom high modulus carbon rear seatstay assembly & threadless Carve Carbon fork.

[Jun 29, 2005]
suedehed

OVERALL
Strength:

Graphics, handling, low weight...nice fork too.

Can't think of any yet!

This review is for the 2003 Cinelli Aliante Carve (not the '99?)...I read the only other review on here and felt compelled to add my own 2 cents. The Paint Scheme on my orange carve is awesome ~ split graphics are very unique ~ and the paint and decal work rival my Cannondale. The welds are nice and smooth, and the frame is quiet even under heavy sprinting. I have ridden this bike for a summer now, and cannot get enough of it. Italian geometry really is fast and tight, takes some getting used to, but much more nimble than what I'm used to. Great on hills, too!

Trek, Cannondale, Giant (ugh), Bianchi

[Sep 21, 2002]
wdford

OVERALL
Strength:

Light, strong, carves corners like a razor. This frame inspires confidence and makes you FEEL faster. I love the ride, the logo schema and the fact that it was $1000 less than a comparable CIOCC, Moser etc.

Piss poor paint quality, it looks nice but the paint chips way too easily! All decals are clear coated over except the seatstays, consequently they are falling off. Welds are big and ugly with pinholes showing. What happened to Italian quality????

I love the frame as it is quick, stiff but still gives a great ride. I have never felt faster. On the other hand... the paint really sucks as it chips VERY easily (read the starlight reviews). And the Columbus decals on the seatstays are falling off. The welds have pinholes in htem and are very unsightly. Luckily I got a white frame so they don't show that bad. All in all I'm happy.. I will have the frame repainted in a year or so and re-decal it as well. The value rating is high since it costs much less than other frames of its type. Overall is low since the build quality is poor.

Cannondale CAAD4, LOOK KG281