Cinelli `01 Starlight Frames

The lightest, most advanced Cinelli frame ever! With classic construction and the benefit of Columbus Starship alloy tubing, the Starlight weighs in at a scant 2.4lbs (L), and includes an integrated cartridge bearing headset and 354gm Columbus Muscle full carbon fork.

[Jun 19, 2002]
Pygme

OVERALL
Strength:

*weight: small frame weighed in at 1045 grams! *Stiff for sprinting yet still offers a comfortable ride. *Plain white paint with black "Cinelli" stickers is a welcome sight in a sea of multicolored/over stickered bikes! (Think Colnago/Trek/Merckx)

*paint chips easy *Does not have a replacable derailluer hanger.

I was wary about a compact frame, especially buying it mail order without "fitting" the bike. The frame did not disapoint. This is the first frame that I have ever felt some "oomph" out of when standing up to sprint. It almost feels as if a magnet is pulling you forward. The full carbon fork (Columbus Muscle) really smooths out the road, not to say that the frame is harsh. It handles well and corners brilliantly. I have yet to strick a pedal even though I have a small size frame. I rode a crit the other day and she carried me to a 1st place. The way this bike handled over the cracks in the pavement while in sharp turns was truly confidence inspiring. As soon as it broke contact with the ground, it grabbed back on and did not feel at all like it lost control. The paint chips pretty easy. I paid 1245 dollars US for this and it was delivered for a total of $1276. It was on sale at WCP. I was dismayed that the frame did not come with a cable guide!!!

Raligh R600 C'dale Caad3 C'dale Caad4

[May 31, 2002]
Tarantula

OVERALL
Strength:

Acceleration. Climbing. Feels the road without beating me up.

Paint quality. Not bad, but there are already several chips.

Very stiff, power goes to forward motion. Light and responsive, especially on fast descents. The carbon fork and seat post dampen the jarring effects of very stiff aluminum.

Cannondale CAAD3

[May 07, 2002]
cinbau

OVERALL
Strength:

Light, stiff, yet forgiving ride.

Paint chipping on dropouts. Trade off for keeping it so light.

I debated on going Titanium, but I am glad that I stuck with aluminium. Everyone says that it will beat you to death, but it is not so with this bike. I got the 2002 frame and it is a superlight bike. This thing loves to go up hill. The compact size allows for great handeling and sprinting. Just point and pedal.

DBR Podium