Colnago VIP 2000 Frames

• Aluminum road frame in the mid-price range constructed of Columbus Altec tubing. Includes Conlago Flash fork.
  • Sizes: continuous range from 46,5 to 64 cm.
  • Models: MR1, MR2, MR3

• USER REVIEWS

[May 06, 2002]
    Panoz

OVERALL
    Strength:

Light, stiff and resposive

no real weaknesses, only ''minor'' strengths, carbon fork would be an improvement

Bought the bike built as is off the shop floor. I already had a set of Zipp 303''s so I left the Mavic''s behind and had them deducted from the price. I''m not sure what the frame would go for bare. This is the first aluminum bike I''ve ridden and it is terrific. I''m not the quickest out there, but I certainly feel quicker and more confident on this frame. Light, excellent handling and confidence inspiring without lulling you into a false sense of security. Maybe not the best choice for a TT, but long club rides or stage races are right up the VIP 2000''s alley.

First aluminum bike ridden, came off of steel-frame Raleigh

[Mar 28, 2002]
    efraer

OVERALL
    Strength:

Fast. Light. Inspiring. Colnago.

Bottom bracket stiffness (maybe it''s just me).

Frame only. Mapei colors. 54cm. I bought this frame specifically for crit racing because of the super tight rear end, and so far it has been exactly what I was looking for. The short top tube - compared to most frames - fits me perfectly. Despite rumors of twitchy handling, I have found that it is stable and predictable (some of that may be due to the Look fork with less rake than the Colnago standard), but it''s definitely not sluggish. It rides like a pure racing machine. I was expecting a harsher ride from an aluminum frame, but it''s been pretty nice and got even better after adding a carbon seatpost. The only area that has been less than expected has been the lateral bottom bracket stiffness during a full sprint. It''s not bad by any means, but not as stiff as my other bike (Time VX Carbon). Overall, a fantastic bike for a good price. The Colnago mystique never hurts either.

Time VX Carbon (current), Bianchi Ti Aerotube, LeMond Zurich