Jericho Blacktop Frames

Built from Columbus Foco tubing and designed with traditional stage geometry. Designed around a 365mm fork length.

[Jan 10, 2005]
schultzwill

OVERALL
Strength:

Fast, strong, stiff and light. How could you ask for more?

None.

This is a follow-up to my previous review. I have owned the bike for nine months and have nearly 6000 miles on it. The frame is smooth and stiff. The control on the bike is excellent. I am very happy with the performance of the bike. I would not hesitate to buy it again. I have also heard Jericho is starting to make titanium frames...

[Apr 26, 2004]
schultzwill

OVERALL
Strength:

Light(18 lbs with pedals), strong and stiff. Asorbs road vibrations much better than OCLV. Fast and holds the road well.

Commitment to a custom bike means top-of-the-line components. Not cheap but well worth it.

I contacted Jericho Bikes looking for a custom titanium/carbon road bike. I didn't feel comfortable spending three thousand dollars on a frame that was to be built by someone three thousand miles away with only a phone call from a sales person to assure me. After speaking with the the owner of Jericho Bikes I decided to give a steel/carbon frame a try. Not only is steel less expensive but it has been used in bikes for over 100 years. No other bike frame material has been more refined and studied than steel. Titanium won't rust but a well maintained steel frame will last a lifetime. I was measured for my custom frame by the same person who was going to be cutting and welding the frame. After 500 miles and a little fine tuning(stem lenth, seat height) the bike is wonderful. I had no idea a custom bike would feel this good. I have seen some posts about bad service from Jericho. My expierence has been great. The staff has been attentive, willing to put up with all my questions and psychosomatic insecurities about bikes. The workmanship is top notch and the frame is beautiful.