Kinesis Racelight KiC Frames

• It is constructed from Hydroformed Kinesium
  • Lightweight, wishbone carbon seat stays
  • Sculpted tube profiles and intergrated gussets

[Jun 29, 2007]
flyingscot

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfort
Sharp confident handling
Great looking
Price. Fantastic value.
Not a lot of them around so a certain amount of exclusivity

None I can think of.

I'm tempted not to write about how good this frame is because everyone will want one, especially at the price, and I have to admit the exclusivity is part of it's appeal.

I quit smoking a while back and put on a few pounds and found that with the extra weight and increase in fitness I was starting to notice the shortfalls in my 'built for comfort' carbon frame, noticeably the lack of stiffness. I started to crave the snappy feeling of my old aluminium frame and was prepared to lose a bit of comfort to get it, so after doing a bit research I took the plunge and ordered up a KiC2.

I haven't been disappointed. It's a few grams lighter than my carbon frame and manages to be very nearly as comfortable, yet it's still nice and stiff, especially out the saddle on climbs, where it really flys up the hills. The quick, sharp steering gives confidence through the corners but it's still nice and stable on fast descents. It's every inch a proper race bike.

It's a looker as well. Beautiful hydroforming that even Pinarello or Bianchi would be proud of. The plain white paint might not be fancy compared to some of the graphic paint jobs out there, but it's very durable and has a lovely pearlescent green lacquer on it that catches the light and makes it look a lot more expensive than it is. I've seen bikes costing 3 times as much that aren't as good looking as this thing.

Overall, I doubt there is a frame out there at this price range that comes close to giving this kind of performance or looks as good.

Prorace Styx carbon
Revolution Curve

[Aug 24, 2006]
dominick

OVERALL
Strength:

Won't break the bank
Looks great and rides even better
You don't look like every other guy who is out riding a Trek/Giant/Spec/etc! ;)

Could have given it a better name (but that's just being silly isn't it!)

I've had this bike for 2 seasons now and love it. Was a bit unsure before I bought it as it was a lot cheaper compared to the frames I’d ridden in that past but, but all I can say is I was wrong! Excellent value for money and puts a lot more expensive bikes to shame... It's stiff, light and is the most comfortable bike I’ve ever ridden after my steel colnago. Perfect on the climbs and I’ve found it great in crits where it's really responsive when you need to 'throw it around' or jump off the front. Descends like a demon... 100k/h down the Alps and still felt fully in control! My only question still remains why is it so cheap?

Giant TCR, Trek 5200

[Aug 17, 2005]
ftt

OVERALL
Strength:

STIFF BUT NOT TO HARSH GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY

NONE AS OF YET

Got this frame after reading the write ups in mags and talking to racers at the local crits.Wow is she good the full carbon end smooths out the big bumps,and the handling at speed even with a large stem is still postive.finsh is top draw smoth welds and first class paint job .The white being the colour to go for as you get a glitter effect when the sun hits it.Tube are shape nice with plenty of strength in the bottom bracket.

COPPI GALAXY ALTEC+2 FONDRIEST MEGA PLUS 2

[Jun 02, 2004]
CAP232

OVERALL
Strength:

Performance to Price. It's Through the roof!!

Wow! What a bike. Why was I wasting my time looking at the more common or more recognised brands? I can quite confidently say that this frame is compareable to a Pinarello 'Prince' in handleing, weight and comfort. My frame is finished in pearl white which really catches the light and looks fantastic against the carbon forks and full carbon rear end. Last years model only had carbon seat stays but this year Kinesis have added a one piece chain stay which is shot directly into the back of the bottom bracket. This, combined with the fact that the frame is constructed with this hydroformed aluminium alloy (internal pressure applied, blowing the tubes into the shape of a mold) the bottom bracket is ridiculously rigid. The tubing flares at the ends giving the bike a look similar to an Orbea 'Orca', which is nice. The bike seems to carry you a little up the hills. You can't ask for more than that? The bike is very 'chuckable' when switching around the road trying to get the best line, but holds perfectly true and is stable when you sit up, hands off the bars, trying to put a race cape on. Not bad really when you consider the frame costs a third of that of the 'Prince' and yet weights the same. There don't seem to be many around the lanes yet, I don't expect there to be many, but for me that is a good thing. I always have prefered my bikes to be a little different. Stif Mountain Bikes up in Leeds were great in supplying me with the frame. Easily one of the best Bike shops in the UK! PS. They DO build the best hand built wheels in the UK. I have had a set now for 4 years and have raced and trained on them hard. They are still true! Nuf Sed!!

Cannondale CAD 2.8, Santa Cruz Roadster, Pegorotti Steel, Pinarello Prince.

© Copyright 2018 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.