Felt Verza City 2 Commuter Bike

• Shimano Acera front derailleur

[Sep 17, 2011]
Ken

OVERALL
Strength:

Versatility. Nerdy look. Reasonably good at absorbing impacts.

Heavy. Too soon to judge long-term durability

Very happy with this bike. I have 120 miles on it so far and no problems. I was fortunate to get a tremendous price.

[Aug 17, 2011]
Joshua Williams

OVERALL
Strength:

Smooth shifting; good tires and tubes, no flats at all - a major problem with my other bike; comfy seat; the sizing is very good for me, without any alterations. Looks very nice.

I've had quite a few minor and one major issue with the bike so far - the handlebars wouldn't properly grip in the head tube, causing me to crash (not hurt). The shop had to call the company when their first repair attempt didn't take. Other issues: the front fender bolt came out, a 10-second fix but annoying; the front wheel loosened on me, almost causing a crash. Probably my fault, but it never happened to me before. The handlebars seem more crowded than my other bike for my "jewelry." The rack is nice, but the is no rear horizontal bar to attach my light. No kickstand, so I'll have to add that. Except for the first issue, none of these are major, but the quality isn't quite what I expected for the money.

This certainly isn't a bad bike per se', but it is a $700 bike, and yet except for the tires I've had MORE problems with it than I had with my relatively cheapo box-store bicycle.