Norco Products VFR 1 Disc Commuter Bike

• Shimano M505 clipless pedals

[Apr 05, 2010]
Nik

OVERALL
Strength:

Good value, I rode this bike from one side of Toronto to the other year round and loved it.

Poor handlebars, replaced them with screw-ons. And the frame cracked inside of two years.

I bought this bike because I was told it was a good entry-level commuter bike, in case I didn't decide to stick with it. Well, I ended up loving it and I rode the thing practically every day for almost two years. I liked it fine until the frame cracked. It's under warranty, but I wish it had been built properly in the first place. Maybe my case is an exception, but I thought I would get the word out that this has happened.

[Oct 14, 2008]
Dav

OVERALL
Strength:

Solid component set at this price. Factory welds but multisection tubeset, curvey seatstays, carbon fork...make it the "together" buy

Swapped out the handgrips (crap) for lockons. Colour could be maybe nicer

Love this bike. Previous bike was a 07 Kona JTS that neither fit nor was set up (or fixed) by the LBS. This is almost half the price and so much better in every respect.