Fuji Bicycles Cross Pro Cyclocross Bike

• Main frame: A-6 Quaternary phase alloy, custom butted and shaped
  • Fork: FC-770 Fuji Bonded Carbon Cross
  • Crankset: FSA Gossamer Cross MegaExo w/ Integrated spindle, 7075 CNC 38/48T Chainring
  • Chain: KMC DX10
  • Bottom bracket: FSA MegaExo Exterior Sealed Cartidge Bearing System

[Jul 08, 2016]
Rick

OVERALL
Strength:

Versatility, durability, components

Wheels, saddle

I have ridden this bike thousands of miles through all types of terrain. I did swap the wheels for Ultegra tubeless as well as the original crankset for 105. A bike of this level would easily cost 2500$ today. I bought this one in 2008. I have gone through many other bikes, but can't let go of this one.

[May 02, 2016]
James

OVERALL
Strength:

Ultegra group set. Bulletproof. Commuting with zip.

Not sure...still looking.

I love this bike. I use it everyday May-October (I just started riding it again which prompted me to write here) to commute to/from work a little over 6 miles each way. I average 16-20 mph depending on wind conditions. Last year I rode my first century ride on it, followed by 60 miles the next day....Dayton to Sandusky OH in 2 days. My body got tired, but my bike is a work-horse and didn't flinch. The bike shifts smooth as butter and absolutely flies. Did I mention I love this bike. Picked it up on craigslist several years back for 500. Best bike purchase ever. No regrets. Weighs under 20lbs easy if I strip all my lights, tools, and Topeak bag off.

Caveat: I put some Corsa Lite wheels, carbon post, and new saddle on my bike, otherwise it's stock. Mine is actually a 2006 model, which I think looks really sharp. Black, red, and chrome. Pick one up if you can still find it.

[Dec 25, 2010]
Colorado Roadbiker

OVERALL
Strength:

Decent overall weight 21.5 lbs, Accelerates and climbs like a rocket, Very stable on down grade runs, Stiff and stable on sprints, Handles road shock well, Great as a road bike or a cross bike, I sold my 2009 CAAD9 after getting my FUJI on the trails and roads, The CAAD9 did not compare.

Have not really found any weaknesses in my bike as I built it from frame up to my specs

I bought the Frame and Fork off Craigslist,
It came with only Ritchey Pro stem, Bar and seat post, all Ultegra components had been removed by seller to build a Carbon frame he had just bought. I ride mostly road racing so I built it for road, I also had a Cannondale CAAD9 that I sold shortly after getting my FUJI on the trails, I went with only a double ring crankset an EBC Halo Composite crank set with 50/34 Rings and a SRAM 9 speed Cassette with 12-23 gearing for the mountains, Shimano Tiagra top pull frt derailure, Shimano Ultegra rear derailure,
Having used Shimano Ultegra shifter/Brake levers on previous bikes and not being impressed I went with Forte dual function brake levers, prefering the dual shift levers plus a brake lever,instead of the single shift lever with a brake lever on Shimano, The FUJI cross pro is a killer bike in any configuration, It has no match as a road bike, it handles better and has better acceleration, climbs like a rocket. More impressive than the CAAD9.
I have put almost 3000 miles on bike in the year I've had it. I am completely happy with it.

Cannondale CAAD9, Cannondale CAADX,

[Oct 28, 2010]
chitown388

OVERALL
Strength:

Good price. Great ultegra components.

Low quality. Costly to own. Time consuming to maintain. Manufacturer not willing to back up their own product. Seller can't do much either.

I ditched my '07 Trek X01 for this '08 Fuji Cross Pro. Great ride - especially on crushed lime stone trails. Good looks. Butter smooth shifting. Much easier to handle than the Trek X01.

Well, until it started to break. Had to pay for a new bottom bracket after 400 miles and 8mos. Warranty on the bracket was only for 6mos. Both front and rear wheel hubs went bad after 900 miles and 24mos. Even the hours of use was not much, unfortunately the time was after This time it was after 12mos. Went to performance repair shop many times. The problem would only be fixed temporarity. Fuji won't do anything. Performance can't get Fuji to do anything. It looks like the cross bike is not good with lime stone trails. According to performance repair shop, the problem was because I garden hosed the bike. Who would of thought washing a bike would break it! Either that or the bike is junk.

No more Fuji bike more me! Looks like there is really a reason why Trek is more well known.

'07 Trek 01

[Jun 25, 2010]
jgrosko

OVERALL
Strength:

Very Responsive, light weight 22lbs, best bang for your buck. I have had this bike on and off road, and it does outstanding.

Seat, other than that...none

It is actually a 2009 but I could not select that year. Great Bike to say the least. I have done a ton of shopping and demo i.e. Kona Jake, Redline, Trek, Specialized, and Scott. All in a Cyclocross. This bike by far is the best bang fro your buck. Full Ultegra all around, carbon fork, ritchie stem and bars. WOW! This thing screams down the road and on Crushed Limestone. Seat is a little hard but that is a easy fix. This ais a definate buy. Before buying online, go sit on one to make sure it fits. I am 6-1" and I fit a 58cm.

Kona Jake, Specialized Allez Elite

[May 25, 2010]
Latitude34

OVERALL
Strength:

Super lightweight, smooth yet stable ride, better than decent components, extremely durable, nice graphics, the bike just rules!

Fuji OEM saddle

This is by far the best ride I've ever had, and I've owned several expensive bikes over the years from manufacturers such as Schwinn, Race Inc., Specialized, and Cannondale. I normally prefer American made bikes, but after briefly test riding the Cross Pro, I was sold. I'd call the Fuji Cross Pro “the Lexus of the bike world”. The overall ride on paved road is like floating on a cloud, once you change out the stock Fuji saddle. The bike also handles beautifully on dirt, or rock roads, or any surface for that matter thanks to the somewhat knobby tires. You definitely have a feeling of stability on even the most bumpy surfaces. The Cross Pro’s weight is phenomenal at a little over 21 pounds. If you needed to carry this bike over a long distance for any reason, it’s no problem, just throw it over your shoulder! The cost is very reasonable considering the bike’s weight, and the components were obviously expertly chosen for this rocket of a bike. I $hit canned my Cannondale MTB after I brought home the Fuji!

None, this is my first crossover. Sold my Cannondale MTB after I bought the Fuji.

[Nov 03, 2009]
Fitzy G

OVERALL
Strength:

Ultegra components at this price point; the frame geometry for my size; Tires

The seat (but that's a given); bar tape (the first thing I changed when I got home);

I've never been driven to write a review for anything before but when you're in love, you want to tell the whole world. My bike is actually an 09 and I think I might've found the perfect bike. I'm not a XC racer nor do I intend to be one, but for the daily commuter or if you intend to ride long distances or all day, you need to check this out. On my Felt F75 road bike, I really had to watch out for driving over stuff but once I got my cockpit right and got over the fear of riding over potholes, manholes and everyday street flotsam and jetsam, you feel like you can ride all day. You could do worse than the stock tires and the Ultegra components makes this bike humm and easy to ride. I'm 5'7" and about 160 lbs and the 49mm frame couldn't fit me any better. I threw on a Brooks B17 and even though it weighs a bit more, the fact that I'm going to lose weight becuase I WANT to ride everyday more than makes up for the added weight. After I put on my FSA Compact Omega, you won't find me at home anymore. I looked for over 2 months for a XC bike and didn't intend to spend this much but I'm glad I waited. It's even light enough to pull your front wheel up over holes and save you a flat. I've ridden three days in a row at about 40-45 miles round trip and I still want more.

first XC bike but I'm putting my other 3 bikes in storage since I got the Fuji

[Jul 17, 2009]

OVERALL

its either a 2009 or 2010, either way, the thing sings. been great in the city, including traintracks and stairs, having a good time on single track, cooks up dirt roads. really really happy with her. tires of course are wobbly in corners (crossmax) and i don't really dig the top brakes, the only time i seem to use em is when i've got a cup of coffee in my hand. i sized the frame a bit small, which is fun for riding, even small trials (up stairs, hopping around in the dirt) are possible... she's super light. the only other mild problem is brake pads, the stock ones have glazed over and i keep having to file em down... life could totally be worse. and as far as the seat goes, it came with a fuji seat and i thought i'd swap with another race seat i have lying around but haven't done so yet... don't really seem to need to. i love my bike. yup.

[Feb 25, 2009]

OVERALL

THIS BICYCLE IS AMAZING! I use it as my bulletproof yet nimble commuter. I added fenders and a solid topeak rack and I am just so happy with this bike. I was worried about geometry and whatnot initially but the bike can take rear panniers with enough room for heel clearance. Really, you can't go wrong with dura ace/ultegra for only 900 bucks!

[Aug 02, 2008]
numbernine

OVERALL
Strength:

The component group is top-notch for the price range. The bike looks great and rides great. The strengths far outweigh the weaknesses.

Stock saddle sucks, CX levers are annoying, the wheelset is not the best there is. The Avid 4 brakes are frustrating. No disc tabs means upgrading to disc is out of the picture.

I originally bought this bike to use all of its components on another build, but the barren frameset just begged to be built up so I had to give in. I have to say this is the most bike to ride both on city streets and tame offroad. I built it up without CX levers which is far superior as they add a great deal of friction to the braking. Also I never once used to stock saddle, which is incredibly uncomfortable. I am going to try my hand at cyclocross this fall and this will be an excellent machine for the job.

Plenty of road bikes but no cyclocross.