Trek F600 Folding Bike

Frame Material: 6061 T6 aluminum
Frame Angles: 73.0 head, 74.0 seat
Sizes: one size fits all
Colors: Black
Tires: 20 x 1.50" Schwalbe Marathon

[Jun 19, 2018]
paul.lucas

OVERALL
Strength:

Very well made.

No weakness to speak on.

Price Paid:
Purchased:
Used
Model Year:
2005
[Jan 23, 2007]
steve

OVERALL
Strength:

well built,very fast,comes in 2 sizes 52cm and 56cm.

none as yet

very fast 24inch wheel folding bike,compares easily with high end light weight road bike and folds!

airnimal joey

[Apr 26, 2006]
raymondwong007

OVERALL
Strength:

Light weight, racy looking wheels/rims, 9 speeds, not just 8 or 7 speeds. Very easy to fold. It takes me about 20 seconds.

Still need more suspension for a smoother ride. Yet, it is pretty good already.

The bike is light, I have weighted it and it is close to 22lbs with everything including foldable pedals, seats and handbars.

The gear shifting is quick smooth, however at 9th speed, the chain has a tendency to rub the protective rubber a little bit when downshifting. Upshifting is very smooth though.

The ride is smooth, brake is superb! I have been receiving a lot of compliments with the bike. Many people ask me where can they get one.

I also own a 16" Giatex bike as well. That one is for me to ride in Bay Area Transit, this Trek F600 is for me to commute longer distance without riding on any public transit.

After riding it for a day of approximately 5-6 hours, I don't feel any discomfort. The saddle is supportive and has nice cushioning.

However, I would still suggest Trek to add internal hub suspension for its front wheel since that should greatly absorbe more uneven surface and make the ride even better. Yet, it is already smooth enough for me to give it a "recommended" status.

For $949.99 and tax, I think that it compares well enough with Dahon's MU SL.

Test driven a MU SL and MU XL.

© Copyright 2018 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.