Cannondale Adventure 400 Hybrid Bike

Frame Material: aluminum
Frame Angles: 71.0 head, 75.0 seat
Sizes: large, medium, small, xlarge
Colors: Black, Silver
Tires: 700 x 38c IRC Advantage Pro

[Sep 15, 2013]
Mona WExler

OVERALL
Strength:

Easy shifting and very comfortable for road and pavement riding.

Heavy

I am 66 years old female and have returned to cycling after a quadruple heart operation. I upgraded from a lower model in order to increase the wheel size and reduce the tire weight. I benefited greatly from the upgrade. I enjoy road riding and I find that the Adventure 400 give me a smooth and enjoyable ride. The gears shift easily and allows me to meet the challenges of moderate hills/ I enjoy smooth riding on NYC and country pavements. However, if I ever upgrade again, I will choose a lighter bike.

[Nov 22, 2009]
Bob Richards

OVERALL
Strength:

Strongly built, reasonable weight and good gearing for any type of riding.

I can't think of any weaknesses

No fancy frills but a superbly reliable bike for any distance riding. I have done an "End to End" in UK of over 1,200 miles on my 400 plus all the training also two other long distance rides and countless miles locally on roads and cycle ways, not all of which have a good surface and never a moment's trouble. Would gladly recommend this bike to anyone wanting a good all rounder.

[Aug 11, 2006]
Rbarthel

OVERALL
Strength:

If you take care of this bike and don't ride too often or in bad weather, it could easily last twenty years. It's also fast and great fopr cruising on flat surfaces.

It's heavy and for all of its parts, including the shocks on the seats, not the most efficient bike. The ride is also a bit too "upright" for me.

This is a very nice bike for anyone at all, but should be ridden according to its purpose. I take it around mostly on the flat roads and parks in New York City, for which it is perfect. When I have taken it on hilly trails or roads, it starts to feel heavy.

Gary Fisher Mamba Mountain Bike.

[Oct 07, 2005]

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfortable ride. Very easy shifting, and simple to operate.

Heavy, but primarily true of all hybrids.

Great ride. Purchased for my wife to get her going into cycling. I've put on about 35 miles prior to my road bike purchased. Very comfortable, but heavy. Don't plan on grinding uphill with any speed. This bike's best attribute is cruising over flatlands.

Trek 7300

[Jul 14, 2004]

OVERALL
Strength:

Light, strong. Nice gear ratios.

Hated the twist shifters and pedals.

Nice and light with 700 wheels, good gearing and brakes. Replaced seat, shifters, tires and pedals. I am now ecstatic about the bike. It is quite fast, comfortable and reliable. Strongly recommend it, espcilally with the mods.

None. Wife uses heavy Trek 200 hybrid that feels like it weighs twice as much & has knobbly 26" tires.

[Mar 20, 2004]

OVERALL
Strength:

everything

none yet

well I am a tall person and couldnt figure out which bike to buy? had no idea what I was going to walk out with.so I went into this shop looking at the giant iguana mountain bike,specialized allez base model road bike,and then I saw this cannondale adventure 400 jumbo size,tested all three out and figured out this is the bike for me I would rather ride comfortable and a little faster than my trek 3500 mountain bike."its slower".I am pleased with my choice no regrets it is everything I dreamed in a bicycle. this bike will be my main source of transportation around town.I would recommend this bike to anyone for comfortable tranportation and exercise.I never thought I would walk out with a u.s.a made bicycle.get it.

trek models,800,820,3500.