Cannondale Road Warrior 800 Hybrid Bike

• USER REVIEWS

[Sep 23, 2016]
    T J Foley

OVERALL
    Strength:

Fast.

None.

I bought this beauty after seeing it in a pawn shop window. So I'm not sure of it's history. There was no scratches on it and it seemed like it had been taken care of. I paid $400 for it and went about putting new tires and tubes and changed the seat to a touring type gel job. I have lower back issues so posture is important here. It also had front and rear guards with a rack on the rear. It has the ability to ride like a BMW 735 and suddenly turn into a BMW M3 I'm not kidding.Have a Casey on the front bar and it's nothing to get this up to 20 MPH quickly Riding since I was a boy had all types (Xcept mountain bikes Not good for me, too slow) Even worked as courier in central London for a while so I know how to ride good. This bike has handled everything I have given it and I live in Boston and the streets are not the best. We have been together for 14 years and she will be going into the shop for some work this fall. The two allen wrench bolts in the center crank are a little weird and actually came out once and my peddle arm came off but fixed it quick. Good value for what it is. I'll never sell it. Great bike.

[Mar 20, 2009]
    Jack D Shelby

OVERALL
    Strength:

nice colors

poor shiftset,poor brakeset, poor wheelset. constant repair needed

I'm real disapointed with the road warrior and cannondale. This bike has had 1 failure after another. when I contacted cannondale I was treated about the same way I would expect general motors to. I hope they find the same fate!

trek fx7700

[Feb 03, 2009]
    demi

OVERALL
    Strength:

durable, hard, good size and fast

also voice activated for gears

doesnt always do what i wanna do
    doesnt work 100% of the time
    moans

very enjoyable

im thinking of getting one my self

neighbour

[Jan 13, 2008]
    kodakid

OVERALL
    Strength:

I really the hybrid style bike because you have more control with your hands naturally in position with the shifters and brakes. The frame offers you a riding position that is more comfortable to me than a road bike. The sizes that they offer for a good fit.

None that I can see yet.

I purchased this bike last weekend 1/04/08 after test riding it several times. I was looking at purchasing the Cannondale Bad Boy Ultra but I took a look at the type of riding that I do and felt like the Road Warrior 800 was a better choice for me. I ride on paved trails so interchangable wheels don't matter all that much to me main selling point of the Bad Boy. I like to ride fast some days or just cruise along on other days so a little less weight was more important which the road warrior offered me. Everything about theRoad Warrior is top quality. Most important to me is comfort and finding a bike that offers the most comfort, handling and speed. I spent several hours looking at the geometry of the frames by cannondale I knew after test riding the bike it fit me well. I have purchased several bikes that just dont fit well and I end up selling them. I didn't test ride them enough so this time I was making sure that it fits. My last road bike was a hair to big and I could not get comfortable on it after adjusting and readjusting it for several hundred miles. I took a test ride on the Road Warrior and I knew right away this bike fit well so riding now is less effort and more fun. Cannondale does their homework building frames that can work for all the different bodies that ride their bikes. I'm a firm believer that a bike that is a smaller fit works much better than one that is to large because you can all ways make adjustments.

Cannondale F7 CO2 Disc 2008
    Fuji Roubaix Pro 2004 (Selling)
    Catrike Road 2007 (sold)

[Apr 28, 2007]
    Nelson Maltez

OVERALL
    Strength:

Light, solid but forgiving, responsive.

None so far.

This bike is replacing an old mountain bike of mine.

The Road Warrior 800 is awesome. Quick, light, solid construction all-around. The bike lets me feel the road but is forgiving enough for a daily 16 mile daily commute.

Shifting is nice and responsive. The hydraulic seat is a nice touch, providing a very subtle, but much appreciated cushion.

Hills? No problem. Stupid drivers? Bring them on and wave goodbye to them as you bike past them.

I use this bike daily and absolutely love it.

Trek 7.5

[Jan 12, 2007]
    TK

OVERALL
    Strength:

Ultegra Rear, Solid wheelset, very light.

None yet.

Solid components....bike feels fast yet stable. Great for a jump on and go bike that you can still move fast on. Wheels solid on trail pavement. Very comfortable.

Scott Speedster S3
    Cannondale R1000
    Specialized XC

[Jan 12, 2007]
    TK

OVERALL
    Strength:

Ultegra Rear, Solid wheelset, very light.

None yet.