Fuji Bicycles Supreme Hybrid Bike

Frame Material: Altair 1 Aluminum
Frame Angles: 71.0 head, 73.0 seat
Sizes: 15", 17", 19", 21", 23", womens 15", womens 17", womens 19"
Colors: Blue/Silver
Pedals: Wellgo resin
Tires: 700 x 35c Kenda K-935

[Apr 30, 2008]

OVERALL
Strength:

The size of the tires are sufficient to carry any extra weight that I might need to carry. The shock absorber on the front fork lets me hop off curb without to much of a Jarr.

The cables stretch and break. It was easy enough to repair but I think it should last longer than 3 years.

I enjoy riding 5 miles to work everyday. I had fenders and a rack installed. The bike is a 17 inch frame mens bike. The gears shift smoothly with the largest ring having 48 teeth. What I enjoy the most is the posture. I like looking at all that surrounds me. I installed toe clip pedals that improved the transmission of power.

Schwinn Latour
Nashiki

[Aug 17, 2007]
Dan L

OVERALL
Strength:

Nice comfortable ride and has rolls well on pavement. The bike performs well and would be great for a long trip. It also does well on unimproved surfaces. Nice shifters and great range on gears.

I replaced the peddles for something with more grip, I like to be able to stand up going up a hill and the stock peddles had no bite.

I take a 10 mile ride every 2 days for fitness. I purchased this bike about a month ago as a replacement for my Schwinn Frontier. I had done a lot of upgrades to my frontier over time essentially trying to make it more like a Hybrid. I finally decided that I just wanted to get the bike that I wanted. I looked in every bike shop in Eugene Or. (there are a lot here) and checked out every bike like this. I found this bike on sale at a shop that was discontinuing selling Fuji so I got a good deal. I love this bike, it has all of the features that I was looking for. Unlike the previous review I like the seat, it isn't hugely fat but has a lot of cushion. If it were bigger I would have replaced it . I have a tall torso so I have a hard time getting a bike that fits properly this bike fits perfectly because it can be adjust to fit anyone.

Schwinn Fronter.

[Jan 17, 2007]

OVERALL
Strength:

Reliability, pedaling efficiency, comfort.

Poor quality guard on front chain ring, uncomfortable stock saddle, benefits fron slightly wider tires.

I purchased this bike in January of 2005 as a replacement for a Schwinn Sierra comfort bike which was stolen from my garage. The price reflected a substantial discount since the bike had a few minor paint scratches, was a large size(23"), and had been used as a floor and demo model by the dealer. With the same number of speeds (3x7),but with larger 700c wheels and slightly narrower tires,the Supreme pedals much easier and is quite a bit faster than the Schwinn Sierra. Similarly equipped with a suspension fork and seatpost,the Fuji Supreme provides a level of comfort comparable to the Schwinn, with the added weight advantage of an aluminum frame.I replaced the stock Fuji saddle with a Viscount web sprung saddle which is much more comfortable. When small pebbles are encountered on otherwise smooth surfaces, the standard 700x35c tires will occassionaly slip sideways, but this can be remedied by the installation of slightly wider tires (40c).Otherwise the bike provides a stable ride and has good traction on roads,pavement, gravel trails, and light sand or shallow mud.Unfortunately, the plastic guard on the largest chain ring of the Suntour XXC-100 crankset is flimsy and only attached by four small screws so it is easily damaged and impossible to replace. I corrected this problem by upgrading to a Shimano Tourney TX-71 crankset when the chain and freewheel were over due for replacement at 3500 miles. Other than the problem encountered with the chain ring guard, the Fuji Supreme has proven to be both reliable and efficient over the two years and 4167 miles I have been riding it.

2002 Schwinn Sierra comfort bicycle