Gary Fisher Nirvana Hybrid Bike

Frame Material: aluminum
Frame Angles: Unspecified
Sizes: 15", 17.5", 20", 22.5", 25", womens 15", womens 17.5", womens 20"
Colors: Black/Ball Burnished
Tires: 700 x 35c Bontrager Invert II

[Sep 05, 2016]
Boooger

OVERALL
Strength:

Smooth ride, very easy to get used to. I have long legs and arms, so I guess I'm still sitting upright when most are leaning a bit more forward. Very light bike, very nimble, yet solid. Shock in the seat post is awesome.

Handlebars and grips are not great...serviceable. I have had no complaints about the seat, but others have mentioned it, so I thought I would give my 2¢

I replaced my handlebars with a Crow Bar and bought new grips about a year after purchasing this bike in 2004/05. There is a rear rack and some REI saddlebags installed on mine (and a headlight, tail light etc.). I commuted 3 miles (and 3 miles back - that's how it works) to work each day for 4 years on this bike and it was nothing short of fantastic. I have an old beater CyclePro bike that I used on rainy days. This bike never NEVER sees water, except on a damp rag.

Today...I pulled it out of the garage after about 3 years of dusty storage. Dusted it off, cleaned the chain and gears and wonder why I ever stopped riding. Well worth more than what I spent ($450), in great shape after all these years. On it's second back tire, but the original front. Now I live by a paved bike path that is miles long...I'm hooked again

[Sep 08, 2015]
Scott

OVERALL
Strength:

Average parts for type bicycle

Handle bars and frame geometry don't allow an upright position for comfort as for typical hybrid/comfort bicycle. Seat is to firm.

Poor design for comfort.

[Mar 23, 2013]
Brewtus

OVERALL
Strength:

Durability, good components comfortable ride, great on dirt roads.

Hand grips, rear cluster ratios jump to far between 2and 3 and the seat.

I have had this bike since 2004 and found it reliable, strong and easy to ride. I have done about 2,000kms or so and still have the original tyres. I mostly ride bike tracks and road but hit trails sometimes. It is great on dirt roads. The original Bontrager seat was not great so I have swapped it. The gears have too bigger gap from 2 to 3 so when climbing hills you jump too far between gears and loose momentum. So better cluster, better hand grips and better seat would improve what is otherwise a great bike.

[Jun 14, 2006]

OVERALL
Strength:

Easy shifting, smooth ride, (even with no front suspension), comfortable riding position.

None that I've found yet.

I was looking to up-grade from my old hybred and was looking at a Trek. The bike shop showed me the Gary Fisher Nirvana, (standard front forks), which had some nicer equipment for the same money as the Trek. I've logged over 1200 miles on it and have minimal problems, (crank set bearings worked loose at about 1000 miles) I ride mostly on paved paths, but will take her across Missouri on the Katy Trail next week.

[May 28, 2005]

OVERALL
Strength:

Riding position, Frame, seatpost shock

None so far, but maybe front crank could be better

My wife and I wanted ride together but mountain biking was not for her. She enjoys more subtle path riding over the offroad ride. So we bought Gary Fisher Hybrid bikes and went out on our first ride together. I couldn't be happier with my purchase. The bike shop had every model of Fisher to choose from and for the money the Nirvana was my choice. I tested it with both the front suspension and the solid front fork and decided to go without the suspension.It rides very smooth and is very fast.Deore components work nicely and the V-brakes stop! Bontrager tires have nice grip and are very smooth and quiet.Bike is light for Hybrid and since Fisher bikes are owned and built by Trek they are great bikes for their price.I rode the Trek 7500 and Specialized hybrid and they were also both very good rides, the Trek being identical to the Nirvana.Actually, I think the Nirvana is the same model as the Trek 7300. Anyway, I have only put about 50 miles on the bike in the last couple days and have loved every mile of them. I am glad that the shop I purchased them from was so helpful and helped me to make the decission for my needs to purchase a hybrid.I think that if I had purchase road bikes I would end up hanging them in the garage after a few rides, but the Nirvana is comfortable, nimble and fun to ride.