Jamis Coda Hybrid Bike

A new model, aggressively priced and with a smaller chainring combination for more climbing power. It feels lighter and more responsive than a mountain bike, because it is. Stable handling and an easy-to-use control layout makes this a natural for people who are rediscovering the joy of cycling.

• FRAME: Reynolds 520 double-butted chromoly main tubes, reinforced head tube collars, double tapered cromo stays, forged dropouts with eyelets.
  • FORK: Chromoly unicrown, bulge butted steerer, low rider braze-ons, double eyelets.
  • WHEELSET: Alex DC19 alloy double-wall rims, 700c, 32H, Formula sealed alloy QR hubs,14g stainless steel spokes.
  • TIRES: Hutchinson Flash, 700 x 28C .
  • DERAILLEURS: SRAM SX4 rear, Shimano C51 bottom pull front.
  • SHIFTERS: SRAM SX4 Unilever trigger-shift, 24-speed.
  • WEIGHT: 26.00 lbs

• USER REVIEWS

[Sep 28, 2009]

OVERALL
    Strength:

Frame, durability, trouble free riding, comfortable

Stock Wheels and stock seat

Old Reliable...The Reynolds frame is nice at this price and it has been a great bike. I did change the wheels to Mavic CXP 22's with Shimano 105 hubs. The stock wheels were junk; spokes a poppin' at about 200 miles. I have about 5000 miles on it now and it is doing great. Other than routine maintenance I never have to touch it. Switch the seat and wheels and you are good to go!

[Jul 09, 2008]
    Dustball

OVERALL
    Strength:

Shifts like a dream! Very sturdy frame, takes bumps and dips very well; outstanding turning and control

the peddals didn't last nearly as long as I'd have liked (though it was just the excuse I was looking for to get the one's I wanted..); the straight handle bars don't allow for much in the way of hand placement

About two years ago, I was looking for a way to slim down after porking out at nearly 300 lbs. and I hate to run.. So I bought a bike. Little did I know I was getting one incredible ride!

To make a long story short, I lost all the weight, got down to 195 lbs in less then a summer and was ablr to rejoin the military. And I owe 90% of that happening to my Coda. I put over 1400 miles on it during the summer of 2006 and now I'm raking up the miles screamin' around Germany!

I can't wait to hit the roads in Italy and Japan next!!

[Jun 30, 2008]
    Mike

OVERALL
    Strength:

Shifting

Seat is not the most comfortable

I'm new to the world of biking. I need something to get me back and forth from work. A total of 8 miles round trip. My commute has some ok hills and valleys. The easy shifting of the Coda makes the hills easy to climb.