Jamis Explorer 2.0 Hybrid Bike

The Explorer 2.0 proves you can build an exciting-looking town bike that truly delivers on its promise of fun. An integrated pant guard, wide, cushy saddle and suspension fork and seatpost make it a natural for short errands near the office, with puncture resistant tires and a smooth-shifting Shimano drivetrain.

[Jul 29, 2010]
Tim

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfortable, smooth ride, easy to pedal

Brakes could be more aggressive, gears sometimes jam/chain falls off sprocket when switching around the lowest gears (even after a tune up & derailuer adujstment at a local bike shop).

The Jamis Explorer 2.0 is a nice all around bike. Comfy, and it rides smoothly and effortlessly. It's not too heavy, yet its very sturdy.

None - first comfort style bike owned.

[Apr 14, 2009]

OVERALL
Strength:

1.Lightweight aluminum frame
2. MegaRange 21 speed gears
3. Comfort (seat and pst absorb lots of bumbs and you don't feel sore after riding)
4.Value while more expensive than a box store bike it has good feature/ cost ratio compared ti Giant or Raleigh bikes in its class

not meant for serious off road riding

Overall it's a great bike that welcomes those of us who haven't rode a bike in a while with open arms. It's light (not extremely light but lighter than the Pacific or Mongoose at Walmart)and the gearing is much better than my old Huffy 18speed

Huffy stone mountain (not as good)
Schwinn high timber(better than huffy,not as good as Explorer without new gears,brakes, and new seat post)

[Jul 30, 2006]

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfortable saddle and riding position. Smooth, reliable shifting.

After much studying of all the comfort style bikes available, I narrowed the field to two choices; the Jamis Explorer and the Giant Sedona. I finally decided to go with the Jamis Explorer 2.0, and I'm glad I did. It's a great, solid, reliable ride. I use it for running errands on busy city streets and for pleasure rides on local bike trails. I'm a big guy (6'6" & 270 lbs) so I ordered the biggest (21") frame size. I have found this frame to be fully up to the task of getting me around town. And it's a great looking ride.