KHS Inc. Town & Country DLX Hybrid Bike

Tires: 26 x 2.00" KHS All-Season

[Jun 01, 2006]
terbennett

OVERALL
Strength:

good build quality, strong wheels, can be converted to ATB easily, extremely comfortable.

an underrated bicycle made by a very underrated bicycle company that's been around for years. WAKE UP AND TAKE NOTICE FELLOW CYCLISTS!!

This bike is actually my wife's bike. i won a mtn. bike in a drawing and exchanged it for this one. I would've bought the bike anyway since we were in the market for a new bike for my wife. It has been extremely reliable and my wife rides it regularly. She says that it's the most comfortable bike she's ever ridden. She tried other hybrids and this is her favorite. The fit and finish shouts quality and it rides like none other.I usually ride this bike to the store and I am impressed every time I do. I'm an avid roadie and this bike even impresses me. The T&C has been on numerous bike tours and countless bike rides. My wife is now an avid rider herself thanks to this bike. It has a suspension for practically everything (yet it remains a hardtail) and the stem can be adjusted to fit just about anyone.
This is the epitomy of comfort bikes. If you're looking for a good hybrid/comfort bike, you owe it to yourself to test ride this one. You won't be disappointed.

various Treks, Giants, Specialized, and other KHS models

[May 29, 2006]
terbennett

OVERALL
Strength:

Excellent ride, decent components, can be adjusted to fit just about everyone, quality frame and paint finish

still looking for a flaw, and haven't found one after two years and 2,132 miles of use.

This is actually my wife's bike. I won a bicycle in a raffle at Switchback Cyclery in Orange, California (the world's greatest bike shop)back in 2004 while ordering a bike trailer for our baby boy. Upon delivery, I was considering selling my winning because it was a mountain bike and I'm a roadie. The owner told me that I could exchange it for another bike if I wanted to. I didn't need a bike but my wife's old bike was shot. After a few test rides, my wife tried this one. She's been hooked ever since. She says that this is the most comfortable bicycle she has ever owned. The bike has a front suspension, suspension seatpost and a suspension seat. I ride it periodically to the supermarket for little things and I'm impressed with it too. The bike rides so smoothly, it's like riding a stationary bike. My wife can't stay off of it- which is great because now I have my wife doing bike rides with me. This bike has been extremely reliable. No component failure has occurred. KHS might not be as well known as Trek, but they've been around for a very long time. Who knows. My next road bike may be a KHS. If you're in the market for a nice comfort bike that is truly comfortable, you owe it to yourself to test ride this one. Trust me. You won't be disappointed.

Trek,Specialized,and other KHS models (can't remember exactly which models)