Raleigh USA C30 Hybrid Bike

Frame Material: 6061 T6 aluminum
Frame Angles: Unspecified
Sizes: 15", 17", 19", 21", 23", womens 16", womens 19"
Colors: Unspecified
Tires: 700 x 40c Kenda Courier

[Jun 28, 2020]
Bimmy

OVERALL
Strength:

Solid, reliable. I have 1999 model. Sometimes I don't ride for a few years, but when I take it out it just needs to be oiled up and inflated and rides like it always did. Great for roads and some trails.

None that I can say

1999
[Jul 15, 2013]
Muscleman

OVERALL
Strength:

Very strong and well made. Can handle a wipe out and still get you back to camp.

Somewhat heavy and rattles a bit

I have use this bike for many years with excellent performance. I am a weightlifter when not on my bike and it can carry me at 240 lbs plus gear with ease. Rugged and very few problems.

[Oct 09, 2009]

OVERALL
Strength:

It is heavy duty and can withstand a wipe out and let you ride home.

Heavy and after 12,000 miles it starts to rattle and creak.

I ride for fitness and pleasure. I did my workouts inside much of the time since I stopped running and found that the intensity wasn’t enough. So I decided to ride for my fitness workouts. I had a Raleigh C30 that I used to ride with family on the local bike trail so I just used that for my bike. That was five years ago. I now ride for fitness and the love of riding. I average 100-120 miles a week for nine months of the year and manage only about 50 miles a week during the winter. The Raleigh is a work-horse. It is heavy, sturdy and comfortable. My steady pace is about 16 mph and I can climb the few hills that I encounter in central Ohio. I also take it on the road to Virginia and Maine and I manage the real mountains there will remarkable ease. The bike is starting to creak and no amount tightening and lubricating can eliminate the rattle. But I have learned to love the noise. I continue to ride the Raleigh even though its past its prime for these reasons: when I wipe out I have always been able to ride it home, it always works and never breaks down completely, I ride for fitness so I rather like the extra weight, and the wider tires allows me to ride all winter over the ice and snow as well as in the rain. I have the handlebars set a bit high because I disc problems in my lower back and my shoulders cannot handle leaning on low handle bars for any length of time. When I do finally upgrade I plan to get another heavy duty Raleigh and I’ll keep my old rattle-trap to use for my winter riding.