Raleigh USA Passage 4.0 Hybrid Bike

• Avenir Deluxe Comfort Saddle

[Aug 18, 2010]
Ron Hillmer

OVERALL
Strength:

sturdy frame and good seating configuration. once the shifter was adjusted properly it has been trouble-free. a good value bike for $300 bucks

Weak rear wheel rim and spokes plus I wore out the pedals in short order too

So far I have over 4,000 miles on this bike. I have had to replace the rear wheel -the original wheel was too weak for a 200 lb rider. I have also had to replace the seat because the original one was junk. after that the bike meets my needs well and I ride the dickens out of it.

E-Bike and Dahon 26" folding bike

[Nov 30, 2008]

OVERALL
Strength:

beautiful; sturdy; comfortable seat; responsive gears

was not made smaller than M15

Smooth, fast, comfortable ride; easy gear shifting; totally trouble-free during 2 year of biking; a pleasure to own and use

[Mar 13, 2008]
Marcos_E

OVERALL
Strength:

+ Comfortable ride
+ When it wants to work, it's zippy

- Poor build quality
- Terrible wheels
- The dérailleur hanger SNAPPED

This review is based on my observations of a friend's Passage.

He's a recreational cyclist and when he first got this bike, he was quite stoked, s I was, since we could go riding together.

The bike starts off great, but within the first 3 months, you can expect a host of problems to crop up.

First off was the crankset, it constantly kept kicking the chain, then the wheels would not hold true and would constantly jam when going at low speed, and lastly, when we were on a simple 9 mile recreational ride he shifted and the dérailleur hanger literally snapped, kicking said dérailleur into his spokes and severely damaging the rim.

I've never once seen that happen before and sincerely doubt I ever will again.

I do NOT recommend this bicycle at all.

Never ridden a hybrid.

[Apr 08, 2007]
Mike Tilford

OVERALL
Strength:

Shifter, overall rider comfort, and well-built. A great value for the money it costs.

I ride almost every day for exercise on a bike trail near our town. The daily nine mile trip is a real pleasure on this bike. I like everything about the design from the rider position, front shocks, and brakes to the very smooth operating shifter. I have put over 200 miles on the bike in spite of some challenging weather conditions and I look forward to riding even further as the weather improves. This is a well-designed bike and it is great for my daily excercise routine.

Schwinn 10 speed

[Jun 23, 2006]

OVERALL
Strength:

The Shimano EZ Fire-29 MegaRange 8spd drivetrain along with the Shimano EZ-Fire-29 brake levers have functioned flawlessly. The Tektro Alloy V-brake w/power modulator provide ample braking.

None noted.

A 2006 model (the option was missing in the pull down). I have been extremely pleased with both the comfort, performance and especially with the value of this bike. Having recently decided upon lifestyle changes to improve health thought that the additional time spent commuting could be problematic. Am happy to report that this bicycle is such a pleasure to ride I look forward to the commute and often take small detours on the way home and find myself quite disappointed on those days that I have been unable to ride.

Schwinn steel frame mountain bike.