Raleigh USA Route 66 Hybrid Bike

The Raleigh Route 66 flat bar road bike provides a riding position that increases comfort and inspires confidence. Our Atomic 13R aluminum double-butted frame is equipped with a carbon fiber fork to reduce weight and further improve the ride. A 9-speed Shimano drivetrain provides crisp shifting performance and Vittoria Randonneur tires with puncture protection ensure an added measure of speed and safety.

• Double Butted Aluminum Frame
  • Carbon Cross Fork
  • Truvativ Touro 30/42/52t Crankset
  • Shimano R440 12-25 9spd shifting

• USER REVIEWS

[Mar 08, 2010]
    nelsoq

OVERALL
    Strength:

sturdy components, good handling and braking, light and good speed, good buy for $$$.

cheap handlebars and grips, annoying shifters, uncomfortable seat, chain broke right away

Basically what the other reviews said. It's been a pretty decent all around road bike for the money paid. I live about 15 miles from work and bike through town traffic and the countryside. It handles well in town and goes fast enough in the country. Probably an average 3 overall, but I'd give 4.0/4.5 for value. It hasn't left me stranded yet.

n/a

[Nov 02, 2006]

Strength:

The seat and grips are uncomfortable so I changed them.

I wanted a bike for urban inner city use. Heavy traffic, crowded sidewalks, potholes and curbs. I originally purchased a Gary Fisher Zebrano and rode it for 5 days. This is good bike for the burbs but lacked the performance I was seeking. I returned the bike and gave the store my feedback.

BTW- The store has a 30-day policy. You can switch bikes until you’re happy. Even money back if not satisfied. Great store with great service! No attitude.

They had one Raleigh Route 66 in my size. Just from looking at the bike I could already see the difference quality and materials. I took it home after the test ride. The Raleigh was twice as much as the Zebrano but worth every penny. Very light, very fast acceleration, brakes on a dime and super handling. Shifting is very fast and smooth. This is handy when riding in heavy traffic. I road 6 hours in San Francisco the first day I got it. Great bike.

[Sep 29, 2006]
    rider in Seattle

OVERALL
    Strength:

Fair deal for the $$$.

Shifters, cheap handle bar, cheap grips that are uncomfortable.

I bought the 2006 model of this bike. Main usage is for commuting and running errands. For the price & setup, it's a fair enough deal. It has a aluminium frame and carbon fork. The components are average type stuff, but they do the job. The wheels are pretty sturdy, and seem to be able to take a beating. I tested these other bikes: Jamis Coda, Cannondale Road Warrior 500 and Redline 925(fixie). I chose this bike because of price and decided I needed gears.