Trek 7300 Hybrid Bike

Frame Material: aluminum
Frame Angles: 71.5 head, 73.5 seat
Sizes: 15", 17.5", 20", 22.5", 25", womens 15", womens 17.5", womens 20"
Colors: Dark Blue/Ball-Burnished, Green/Silver
Tires: 700 x 35c Bontrager Invert HC

[Aug 12, 2019]
eddietheartist

OVERALL
Strength:

This bike is like a Timex watch I have hanging on my handlebar, It takes a licking and keeps on ticking. I’ve had a couple specialized good bikes of course but this one just has something special. I used it as my commuter bike in Fort Lauderdale for two years in the city and recreational riding in the evening because I hate driving in heavy traffic in cars. They just don’t quit I have beaten this bike to death and I can get on it and ride 20 miles without blinking. I’m sure there are other bikes out there that are better quality and may handle better blah blah blah but for commuting and traveling and using it as your main source of transportation I couldn’t imagine a better bike. And I love the high-pressure thinner wheels the coasting ability is insane.

It’s hard to give this point that I’m going to speak of as a weakness because it’s kind of like asking for your cake and eating it too. But my last wonderful point was the fender high pressure tires and that’s the only thing that has a drawback in certain areas because when I hit construction zones or have to jump off the sidewalk or jump off the highway and run through some dirt or hit rough terrain I do have an issue and hop off and walk it across sometimes, BUT If I did have the larger knobby tires then of course I couldn’t write the raving review in reference to the coasting and speed!

2009
[Jul 09, 2019]
njfrankb

OVERALL
Strength:

I’ve had this bike for years. I needed a bike that could do it all and this is it. I put a basket on it to cruise to the beach on the boardwalk and strip it down for 30 mile road runs. I can’t say enough about it’s versatility. I love the height and upright seating it affords Stem, bars etc have great adjustment potential. Suspension is not bad. I beat this thing up and it comes back season after season.

Maybe a little heavy but maybe not for all it can do.

2010
[Jan 20, 2019]
LawrieScholar

OVERALL
Strength:

An excellent commuter bike. Suitable as a hybrid, I’ve taken it on bike trails here in Austin, and it’s held up well. It has a rather unique (in my experience) shock absorbing set of forks, where the top piece of the forks has a pneumatic shock absorber. I’m overweight, 5’8” & 195 lbs., so it fully compresses when I mount it.

I am not sure but I don’t think the shock-absorbing forks are adjustable.

2008
[Nov 02, 2016]

OVERALL
Strength:

Handles uneven road surfaces well. Comfortable to ride. Corners well at high speed. Three front sprockets gives you plenty of peddling space.

Can't compete with performance of a true road bike.

I had this bike since 1997. The cables and front derailleur did rust out but I attributed that to wear and tear. If you can work the gears effectively and it's an easy ride on rolling hills. I am keeping this bike but I want to upgrade to an Emonda for more precision performance on the road given the peddling effort.

Trek mountain bike

[Apr 25, 2016]
Thaddeus Deus

OVERALL
Strength:

Light weight. Durable. Shimano derailleur, good quality.

Narrow tires not good for transit streetcar tracks.
Not good for heavy duty off road mountain biking.

Decent light weight, good quality. But only reasonably good for town and off road.
Wary of street car tracks. And not equipped for back trails. Needs wider and heavy treads.

[Aug 21, 2015]
Jim

OVERALL
Strength:

Durable bike, very comfortable to ride.

Original twist shifters

I have owned two of these 7300s. Four if you count the wife's bikes too. No real trouble out of any of them (the original two were donated to our daughter and son in law). All 4 are still in use today. I replaced the original twist shifters with SRAM paddle shifters and have never looked back. I am a road bike rider and I use this for training. I do this simply because, the bike is a bit heavier than a road bike and the ride position provides a bit for wind resistance than the posture on a road bike. That means, you have to push a bit harder. That said, the bike performs very well for the price paid and I could not be happier. It fits my needs better than anticipated. Overall, I think this is a great product at a great price.

[Aug 08, 2012]
Dan Vaughn

OVERALL
Strength:

Lightweight

Trek has a lot to contend with in this bike. After 4 years of lightweight riding ( under 200 miles )this bike has fallen apart. The spokes have broken on the front and the back tires. The seat post has broken and does not function. Several parts have rusted out and the list goes on ands on.

I seriously would not recommend this bike to anyone. Trek has definitely a quality issue with this model. I have been buying bikes all my life and never have I experienced so many broken spokes and basic quality issues. I bought a Trek on good faith that they provide a good quality bike. I have owned several Treks in the past as well and I have never had a problem such as this one. I am 5'10 @ 190 on a 21" frame. This bike should handle me with ease...

[Jul 30, 2012]
Jim Adair

OVERALL
Strength:

Easy rolling, high quality materials, low maintenance, 24 speeds!

It's not a road bike, so you'll have to really peddle to keep up with a speedy road racer. But, who wants to do that?

In 2010, I needed to replace my 20-year old Specialized Hybrid and found the 7300. At 6-2 and 200 pounds, I was looking for a sturdy ride that wouldn't kill my aching back or neck. This bike has been fantastic! I've put 3,000 miles, including 2 RAGBRAI'S, on this bike and haven't needed to change a tire or do much maintenance to it at all. I highly recommend it for someone that wants a comfortable ride with the capability to move down the road quickly when needed.

[Jul 31, 2008]
Mark Waxman

OVERALL
Strength:

Quality. Comfort. Easy to ride. Nice seating position. Comfortable seat.

None.

Mine is actually a 2008 model. This is fun, easy to ride, well built. As a new rider I've put a bit over 200 miles on it in the past month and a half. I've worked from 4 to 10 miles every day and its been a blast on the Trek 7300. I've had four heart attacks and have an implanted defibrillator and needed a low impact way to exercise that was fun.

I tried a number of models and was fitted by the retailer when purchasing.

[Sep 15, 2007]
Dennis Hildreth

OVERALL
Strength:

Reliability, tires, fun to ride

Heavy, ride is a little harsh typical of an aluminum bike

This is a solid, back to biking bicycle. Quality equipment, Good tires. Fun to ride. Easy to ride. Not twitchy at all.
Ride is a little harsh even with the front shock and suspension seat. Basically a good quality bike to get some excercise and see the sights.

first bike since the Romans took Gaul.